• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

nation status

pugwash21

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hello all just had another idea,when in the middle of the ocean when I sink a ship why does my status with that nations
ship change to hostile straight away,even when there are no other ships around to see it happen,I mean how would
in the days before radio would a nation find out what had happened to its ship and who was responsible.This should be
connected to stealth or success ability and or crew loyalty,meaning will they talk about what you have done back in port.
I suggest a new ability such as secrecy with new books like ,keeping mouth shut in port,how not to hang,how to avoid
walking the plank,finding these books would add extra 10% to that ability,reports of missing ships should be gossip
in the tavern as well,If you are seen by other ships then of course you will be reported,unless you sink them as well.
In general news about player should travel more slowly,the ability for a player to appear at court to deny charges
should be added,this could be connected to luck ability,prison sentences should be added with player being transported
to a prison or prison island,chances to escape could present themselves during transportation or at prison

Also to add I think the trade system needs tweaking,If i sit out side a port for months and sink ships then this should
have an impact on that ports income,export ,it should be possible to mount a blockade.this could result in surrender
of that port.

I love your ideas Mate!

I've thought the same thing on the rumors and gossip. Someday maybe. :shrug

MK

Still this does need some changes, fine if a ship escapes but it should still take a day or two depending on position and distance that ship would have to sail to a friendly port.

Back