• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nation unique ships and quest editing

Rider88

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi, everybody!
Does anybody can help me how to make several ships unique for a certain nation, for example HMS Mordaunt for England and Apostal Felipe for Spain? What file in PROGRAM folder should I edit?
Also I want to edit some quest spawned ships, for example in French campaign there is a mission where Soleil Royal is attacked by 4 heavy galeons. I want to place 4 different galeons, such as Apostal Felipe, San Martin, La Couronne and fast galeon or something else. Is it possible? The problem is that I can't find a file, belonged to French campaign in my PROGRAM/QUESTS folder.
And tell me please how can I change the ships, which are spawned as starter ones?
Thanks!

To make ships unique to any nation (or just to control which nations they spawn for and when), you need to open PROGRAM/Ships/Ships_init.c.
Find the name of the ship you want, based on the model name in RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships, and scroll down to this section:

Code:
//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.2; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.7; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.8; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.15; //
refShip.france = 0.0; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.0; //
refShip.america = 0.0; //
This example shows how a ship can only be found in English encounters, in the last three game periods.
Simply change all nations the ship should NOT spawn for to 0.0, and then give the remaining nation a chance greater than 0.0 but less than 1.0 (the latter being 100% certain to appear in every encounter). The same goes for the periods.

About the French campaign galleons, I don't know which file you need to edit. Hopefully someone else will stop by to help you out.

Starting ships are determined in PRORAM/Storyline, in the C files named after each storyline. For example, in standard.c (for the Sea Hawk quest):

Code:
sl.(sn).start.ship = "LuggerVML";
sl.(sn).start.shipname = "Sea Horse";
Edit the first of these lines to show the ID (usually the model name) of the ship you want, and the second line is the name of your choice.

Hope that helps. :cheers

Rider,

Were you wanting to mod POTC or COAS?

If COAS, I've been working on a mod for awhile that does some of what you are talking about. It only half works in GOF 1.2. The convoys are spawning defined national ships now, but not in the numbers and specific classes I'm trying to achieve for WAR and MERCHANT. Still running into some problems with it. Take a look at this thread if interested. My copies of the modded files are in the thread.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16064-wip-limit-special-ship-type-to-certain-country/page__st__80

MK

I am playing COAS. Sorry, i haven't figured it out at my first message.
Armada, your instruction is for PotC, right? Because I can't find the STORYLINE folder in my PROGRAM directory. Although there are no such fields in Ships_init.c as you specified... thank you! I've found something similar in the Ships_init.c from GoF mode, so I'll try to copy it to my unmodified ships_init and see what would change. The field looks like this:

//Nation
refShip.england = 0.1; //
refShip.france = 0.1; //
refShip.holland = 0.1; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.1; //
It is for the ship for all nations, except the pirates.

2 modernknight1: Thanks, it is exactly what I was looking for! Hope you'll finish it soon!

Damn, I knew I should have asked which game you were playing first. Sorry I can't be of any further help, mate. :facepalm

Back