• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Naval Action - Open world multiplayer RPG

Considering all the Steam reviews from players, who report about an abusive dev-team (insults, censoring, reacting poorly to criticism, cheating ingame, Russian bias, even forging screens) and a very slow development, I can only recommend to wait with a purchase until it finally leaves early access.

@A.H: Maybe you could get together with a bunch of like-minded players and petition to the developers to support an additional server.
One that they would not need to moderate so that you guys can make it a place you can actually enjoy.
Would be a shame if you cannot properly enjoy a good game, just because of backdoor politics (or whatever???) in the community.

Reactions: A.H
I doubt that is possible.
Firstly, developers look down upon pirate players, and they use personal feelings when it comes to business.
Their brains are ill-equipped and not fit for managing such a game.

And the number of players are decreasing very slowly; there were thousands of people playing but now just a few hundred active at any time.

So yea I'm just sharing with you folks the situation just for conversation sake :)

And the number of players are decreasing very slowly; there were thousands of people playing but now just a few hundred active at any time.
Could that number be decreasing because players get annoyed with the situation in the game?
If so, the developers may be the cause for their own player base decreasing. Seems rather counter-productive to me! :facepalm

This seems like a crying shame, because the game DOES have potential as far as I am aware.
But after all the "stuff" leading up to NA! being specifically mentioned in the forum rules, I also don't care enough to try and do anything about it.
So if you care enough, my recommendation would be to bypass the developers, set up a petition asking for a separate server that isn't moderated by them, then send that to them.
Either they'll ignore it (and they'll keep losing players) or they'll grant the request and you guys could have more fun and continue playing their game for longer.
Worst case: Nothing changes. Best case: Everybody wins. ;)

Yes well thing is these developers have their own loyal dogs who support them no matter what happens; they downvote your negative review on Steam, and upvote the positive ones... moreorless just like every other game out there today :)

Nonetheless it is still fun, and the graphics are great.

Their latest update says that they are working on some interesting stuff and we just hope they stick to their word.

Until now it is EA since last year and full release is "expected" to be end of this year, so we'll see.

And to be honest in such a game category there are no substitutes so they have potential to make it great, but the developers themselves are open minded personally.

I've got some memories of my own.
But rather than bring them back up, I had hoped to give @A.H some potential advice on how to maybe perhaps improve the situation....

Reactions: A.H
Im just a normal player, but whatever you say to them it won't change how they behave.
Oops did you say something critical?? Ban...

Im just a normal player, but whatever you say to them it won't change how they behave.
Oops did you say something critical?? Ban...
Clever strategy they've got going:
- First offend a community that is very interested in your game and would be willing to help you promote it
- Then pick a fight with people who mean you no ill will
- Eventually, alienate your own player base

So... uhm... how exactly does that make any sense? I don't get it.... o_O

Yea i had 8 forum accounts banned; first time I was a bit rude, but then it was just for criticism and not stopped to speak when they asked not to speak.
So once again; communist regime xD

Yea i had 8 forum accounts banned; first time I was a bit rude, but then it was just for criticism and not stopped to speak when they asked not to speak.
So once again; communist regime xD
I only made it up to 4 accounts banned. I started getting them banned back when I was doing HoO and they were writing crap about it then, lol.

Haha yea for now I stick to myself, keep away from forum and yes Pieter, hope I did not offend anyone.
Extremist, supremist, absolute monarchy management of historical naval video game :rofl

Best thing you could do to actually help them, is to leave from both the forums and the game... I know this is not what you would want most, as it is a game you may still like playing, but it's the only way for them. Nothing else will help. And of course... a negative review.

Well Steam has this issue with reviews; I usually delete and repost them when developers downvote; so now Steam has given access (my theory) to game developers to tag certain reviews, so when you delete and repost it appears as:

Posted: 21 Oct, 2016 @ 9:01pm
Updated: 8 Jul @ 12:17pm

So instead of being a new review, it is "updated", which is totally unfair for shoppers who get tricked by seeing all positive reviews.

Not so easy, it is either hacked or that's just the way it is...
I complained 3 times about this issue against Russian developers, and guess what... my help ticket went directly to Russian support on Steam who worked against me and supported their own countrymen, telling me there "is no problem".

So I learned my lesson and set a timer for 1 hour 45 minutes everytime I buy a game ; if I don't feel it will give me 20+ hours of super fun, or open world experience then I refund it to comply with Steam policy. :rofl

They have a pretty good brigade system set up to downvote bad reviews and upvote positive ones. It pushes the shown reviews to the 'good' ones on the game's front page. It hasn't helped their actual ratings though.

upload_2017-7-9_7-53-43.png

Yea definitely a broken system from my opinion; many developers use this to push negative ones down so they can enforce more sales. Since Steam is no different than Amazon; more money, more money, more money... they are more than happy to keep developers happy by receiving a huge portion of sales income.

Back