• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Needs Testing Navy Soldiers not blocked from inappropriate weapons

What is happening with isValidWeapon after it's set? Does it do anything?

@Levis isvalidweapon determines whether the weapon goes into the random assortment that can be assigned, and it is being checked and generally working correctly, because the restrictions on period are all working. Ie, since early explorers, colonial powers, etc are all getting their correct weapons, it is working.

Something has to be going wrong with the nationality check specifically, maybe all weapons are registering as "" which is supposed to mean they don't have a nationality and are always valid, which would mean it is not reading init_items correctly, or the check is otherwise not functioning because not reading the character's nationality.

As far as I know noone reported back on whether the fix I posted earlier works or not. Ansel tried my other fix in the other thread, but I don't know if he tried this one for this issue, because he wanted to block these weapons from everyone, and this would leave them on pirates.

Here it is: Fix in Progress - Navy Soldiers not blocked from inappropriate weapons | PiratesAhoy!

I imagine I probably messed something up, but it might be a starting point, as I was trying to make it all people of all nationalities, not just soldiers, get blocked from other nationality blades (but can still use all general ones).

Could someone comment on this? Is this still a problem, and if so does the fix applied in this topic maybe help?

Back