• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need help finding a 17th century map of Nassau, Bahamas

BogdanM

Landlubber
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for any maps or visual representations of how the fort and the town are positioned on the island during the 17th century. I've googled for an hour and I couldn't even figure out where the old British fort was positioned at that time. Some drawings I've seen put the fort behind the town deep inside the island, but that's contrary to what I've seen in AC4 or Blacksails series. :))

I'm also looking for any maps showing the layout of Caribbean colonial settlements. Has anyone seen anything like this on the net?

I appreciate any help. :)

Haven't seen Nassau yet, but we did research on some other towns for Hearts of Oak. You can find maps of towns on Barbados, Guadeloupe, St Croix on HoO wiki. Other than that, all french colonial towns can be found here: http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/sdx/ulysse/index

And never trust AC4 ;) besides it's 'historic accuracy' being just a market ploy, the map is scaled down tens of times.

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. The town maps in the HoO wiki are exactly the kind I'm looking for. One question, if I come across some useful piece of information (maps, drawings etc), can I add it to the wiki somehow? Or should I post them in this topic/forum?

Well, if you find something that is useful for HoO, we would certainly welcome the research.
However, editing of wiki is for HoO mmebers only at the moment, so maybe you'd be interested joining the team in some capacity?
If not, links in this thread are equally good, I'd be vetting and reposting them on wiki.

Back