• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help

Derlorean

Landlubber
I purchased POTC quite a while back and have been putting up with a problem which keeps on making my game crash. A message comes up (illegal operation) and it shuts to windows and my com freezes. Then with the new build 11 mod (still comes out illegal operation even more frequently)when i use the shipwrights the game freezes totally making it totally impossible to repair ships using the shipwrights, somebody give me a solution please?

Pentium 3 500mhz(i know it sucks)
192rams
Raedon9200 128ddr
(overall yes i know it sucks but hell i gotta put up with it till i get my new computer)

Thanks

your comp is to slow ....... to run decently
use the "I" every time u approse the pier ........ I do.....
p3/`600-256` ddr, gainward gf4 64mb.
it "cleans" up the files ........
and last night I set DEBUG = 1, then no crashes at all ...... and no bugs.
I'm on build 11
have fun :cheers:

Um, other than making the governor introduce you a new MR each time you talk with him, and `re-enabling` Gregor Samsa, DEBUG won't do anything. :cheers

Re: Shipyard. Just wait it out, I'm afraid. ;)
Until we redo that bit so it doesn't take so long, it _will_ take a while.
What it's doing is going through every good on your ship, and _for each unit of it_, checking the price.
So it'll freeze for a minute while it calculates that.

That's high on the list of stuff to fix though.

I'm afraid none of you get what i ment. The computer can run the game smoothly but then the problem is that it gets illegal operation signs too often now and the shipwrights hang the game not because of calculation(i pressed ctrl alt del to see not responding)

You're talking about two separate things here.
1, that it CTDs. This is I think an ATI issue (many people with ATI cards have this trouble)
2, that it _looks_ like it hangs in shipyard.
I can tell you that, even if it takes 10+ minutes, shipyard interface _will_ work.

Back