• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

need help

Captain.Sparrow

Freebooter
ok so i tried to change jack aubreys start weapons to sword of cortes and jack sparrow pistol and im unsucceded
i changet his ship and date but i cant change the weapons any help :(

The starting weapons are in a different file. Try PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\StartStoryline.c . Specifically these lines:
Code:
    TakeNItems(PChar, "blade1", 1);
    TakeNItems(PChar, "pistol1", 1);
    EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "blade1");
    EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "pistol1");

That should work. Make sure you have those TakeNItems lines before the EquipCharacterbyItem ones though.
Otherwise you're equipping what you don't yet have.

See attached. Works for me. Just tested it. :shrug

Attachments

• StartStoryline.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 185
You extracted that file to PROGRAM\Storyline\JackAubrey ? It should work. I saw it. :facepalm

Then I have not the faintest clue why it shouldn't work. If you open the file, the correct item IDs are in there??? :shock

You ARE starting a new game?

There are more methods to give yourself some weapons though. Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "bladeSC");
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "pistol3_14");

EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "bladeSC");
EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "pistol3_14");
Start your new game OR load a savegame, press F12 and you should get your new weapons.

How much can go wrong? Should look like this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;

GiveItem2Character(PChar, "bladeSC");
    GiveItem2Character(PChar, "pistol3_14");

EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "bladeSC");
    EquipCharacterbyItem(Pchar, "pistol3_14");

So you DO get the "Executed console" text, but NOT the weapons. There is only one more explanation I can think of:
Do you have two different folders with the game in it? And are you running from the folder that you're not editing?
This might happen if you run the game from a desktop shortcut. Try going to your main game folder instead and directly run ENGINE.exe .

So you're making changes to the code files. The changes save properly. You ARE running the game from the same folder as the changed files. Nothing works.

Just to be sure we covered absolutely everything, can you do the following?
- Tell me what folder you've got the game installed to.
- Show me a screenshot of your main game folder.
- Post your compile.log, system.log and possible error.log here.

I'm beginning to lean towards this new theory: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt o_O

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean where i can find those logs?
Untitled.jpg

I.... think I see a problem there. You've got the game in Program Files, which we never recommend because Windows security measures cause all sorts of problems.
Move the whole folder somewhere else, say, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean and see if then the changes DO take effect.
Those log files should be in your main game folder. But probably the "Program Files" issue is disallowing them from being written.

Back