• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Neptunus Privateer

I put most of the links on the forum as images, so people won't have to click them. If you want, i can also spoiler most of them, so they won't HAVE to load, if people won't click on the spoiler.

It is an awesome ship SeaNorris!

Very nice progress, both of you!
Btw, does the Neptunus have a tiller or a steering wheel? :keith

Your brother may run into a little problem when it comes to texturing, though, all the planking below the wales will almost be parallel to the keel. While it doesn´t matter for a PotC model but I´m pretty sure the PotBS Steering Commitee is going to have a problem with it. :urgh

I put most of the links on the forum as images, so people won't have to click them. If you want, i can also spoiler most of them, so they won't HAVE to load, if people won't click on the spoiler.

Thanks, Thomas!

A few more images of WIP:

The Masts and yards are in position and the standing rigging has been roughly placed at correct thickeness, the channels still need to be cut to the right size and the width adjusted once I have the deadeyes for the shrouds done. I have added cat heads but no supporter yet and I need to add details on the stern gallery and finish/clean up some other parts of the ship.

NeptunusImage29.png

NeptunusImage30.png

NeptunusImage31.png

NeptunusImage32.png

NeptunusImage33.png

Regards,

Very nice progress, both of you!
Btw, does the Neptunus have a tiller or a steering wheel? :keith

I assume a tiller but I have been thinking of an idea of how I could fit a steering wheel positioned on the gundeck just in front of the mizzen. As the ship progresses I will see if a wheel will be viable.

Regards,

Wow. Great work. Its coming along nicely. Do you know when your brothers Merchant PLIII and your Privateer will be finished? :keith

I think they would be nice additions to the next version of our mod that is going to be released soon. :cheers

How is she coming along m8?

Coming along well, both ships have been getting a lot of optimisation to reduce polys while the standing rigging is done and in place. Will make a start on texturing once the bits that need redoing are done and I will post some more images of WIP when I get the chance.

Regards,

Some more WIP Images:

NeptunusImage34.png
NeptunusImage35.png
NeptunusImage36.png
NeptunusImage37.png
NeptunusImage38.png
NeptunusImage39.png
NeptunusImage40.png
NeptunusImage41.png
NeptunusImage42.png
NeptunusImage43.png
NeptunusImage44.png
NeptunusImage45.png
NeptunusImage46.png
NeptunusImage47.png
NeptunusImage48.png

Still a few bits to do like gallery windows and deck clutter then finally texturing, the blue boxes in on the deck are placeholders for were hatches will be positioned.

Regards,

James

Indeed; they're only half-links and have ... in the middle of them. :?

The ships are progressing well, I will post WIP images soon.

Regards,

Back