• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Neptunus Privateer

Now I have a problem with TOOL. When I'm trying to open the model exported with "Build BSP" flag checked in TOOL to make locators, I have an error and message "model could not be read" in 9 tries from 10 :(

The beeping bug is solved at last! And I continue my work on locators.
One thing I noticed when struggling with the beep bug: it is VERY hard to make a correct export to .gm when the hull model (neptunus1.gm for example) consisted from many objects. When I had 15 objects, it was impossible to make correct export. When I reduced the number of objects to 5 and attached the others via locator as a neptunus1_part1, the export was correct and the beep bug disappeared.

Great work on the conversion, never thought I would see the ship in the Caribbean this quickly. :)

Regards,

The last update before release:
- All the locators work is done.
- Sailors walking file is done.
- The ship was tested and works great.
NP9.jpg

NP10.jpg

NP11.jpg

NP12.jpg

The only things left to are: make another two skins, repair some minor roping issues and write a ship_init file for her. So she's coming very soon!

Fantastic work Mate. Sehr Hubsch! The only reason I keep playing this game is because it's impossible for me to get bored with the new ships you fine modellers continue to produce. Thank you so very much.

MK

A lovely ship indeed! :keith
Just one question: is the flagpole a separate model from the hull, yet? It would be great to prevent the camera issue.

She looks great! Thats COAS right? will you convert her to potc too?

I don't have the PotC and I don't know how, so I can't do this myself. But I've made all the necessary preparations so someone else can do this.

A lovely ship indeed! :keith
Just one question: is the flagpole a separate model from the hull, yet? It would be great to prevent the camera issue.

Yes, of course. But the flagpole is not the only thing which need to be separated. Actually EVERY object which is higher than ships stern needs to be separated from hull. For example, Neptunus' front mast is braking up right in the middle section, as a Raas mast. So there is a pretty high part of the mast still staying after the ship is dismasted. As a result, there was a camera issue even with a flagpole disconnected. I've separated the mast bases to another element and the camera works perfectly.

I just took a look at it and even though the textures are not imported yet I did not see the framework that Ostrov shows.

Oh, does this ship use the same textures as the Lyon Hoy?

да нет скорей первая передача
problem ?

Нет, не problem. Посмотри в игре, нормали будут отображаться корректно.

because we can all read russian.

what's that about?

His question was about the reverse lightning of the rear yard, we can see in in GM-viewer. It works OK in a game, thought.

I just took a look at it and even though the textures are not imported yet I did not see the framework that Ostrov shows.

Oh, does this ship use the same textures as the Lyon Hoy?
She uses the same textures mostly, but few of them are different.

It turned out that there are few new textures used in this ship, so she went into POTC quickly and smoothly. :onya

The Neptunus is in POTC but needs more work with ropes and pennants. I will start on that as soon as I acquire one. :keith

I second those thanks, this is certainly saving me a heck of a lot of work! :cheers

Ok, I got one! Neptunus2 to be exact. And I have some questions and opinions.

Rey_a4 does have the reverse lighting bug and it is noticeable. It should be fixed because this ship is going to make some brigs obsolete.

The spar above it, rey_b4, does not move causing the mizzen sail to twist. Is that intentional?

There are some control ropes going through sails. This bugs me and it just can not be right. Any suggestions on alternate routing?

She has pennants now and I am taming the mainsails.

Back