• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Characters

With the advertisement Pieter is doing on MOdDB about POTC, I was thinking we could have more modders and especially skinners.. In fact, just the opposite is happening :facepalm

I don't think the ModDB recruiting works very well. But I haven't actually posted any articles recently,
and articles seem to generate the most interest. I reckon we need to make some articles again and see what happens.
Maybe do some storyline article updates and show some of the latest cool additions to the quests?

I reckon that would be a good idea. First we only had skinners and modellers and now we have a lot of coders and almost no over-active skinners/modellers.

i dont want to be a pain or anything, but perhaps the reason why we have verry litle skinners/modellers, is becouse we dont have any clear tutorials on how to do that stuff

i mean, when you type skinning tutorial or modelling tutorial in the search box, you get loads of topics not in any way related to tutorials

The only game-related information we can provide for skinning is about the TX Converter.
Any other skinning tutorials would apply to whatever program the skinner wants to use.
Any program that can edit TGA files works. :shrug

Hi,

If anybody wants their character transfering to POTC from VCO or POTBS either,(using 3D Ripper DX), capture a scene and send the scene & textures files to me so I can extract your char and rig it for POTC.....or PM me & arrange a time and place to meet, in whichever game, and I'll do it.

:doff
damski.

Sounds cool. But have you had any luck with Tia Dalma, for example?
I was rather looking forward to that one since she's a prominent(ish) character in our storyline.

Hi,

I've brushed the cobwebs off the Tia model today.....having a bit more success this time.

Hi,

Reguarding the Tia Dalma model.....having a problem with 3D grabber..... it wont work for whatever reason,.......so I can't get the texture, (was on my HD that went capput), to finish the model ATM :shrug

So..if anyone has the game At Worlds End and 3D RipperX it would be appreciated if you could play the Port Royal mission and grab the scene with Tia & send me the texture for her :doff

Trying to resolve the problem now cos it needs to work so I can work on other projects as well.

Cheers
damski.

Hi,
Ignore the above post I've got it working and have the textures :onya

Here you are.
Blackbeard_WIP.jpg
Texture & animation to do still.....I was originally doing it for PoTC.

Tia Dalma is well on it's way now & the Barbossa models shouldn't be far behind either.

Cheers
damski.

I want him for PotC too! :razz

Though the one character I'm most interested in is Tia Dalma because she has a large role already in the PotC Jack Sparrow storyline, but has to use a highly inaccurate character model. :facepalm

I want him for PotC too! :razz

Though the one character I'm most interested in is Tia Dalma because she has a large role already in the PotC Jack Sparrow storyline, but has to use a highly inaccurate character model. :facepalm

Hi Pieter,

I still have him for PoTC :doff

Tia should be ready for release in the next day or two.

Back