• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Characters

Can you send me the pistol textures....mad jacks sash and cuffs textures please....I haven't got them anymore..

Do you know which filenames those are?

Pistols ? don't know which is the correct one......send all.
Mad Jack sash, Mad Jack cuffs.....or Barbossa sash & cuffs....either, I'll be recolouring the sash.

cheers

I agree! I was so unimpressed with her character model, I replaced her with the black "down_girl" model. The one we use as the barmaid in the Conception tavern.

I like the model we're using for Tia Dalma, but she was never intended to be used as Tia Dalma; she was just supposed to be a general African female model.

I like the model we're using for Tia Dalma, but she was never intended to be used as Tia Dalma; she was just supposed to be a general African female model.

You'd rather not have this version then ?
Tia Dalma_WIP.jpg

I'm saying I WOULD like that model. Very much so, actually. I don't like the Africa model being used for Tia Dalma.
It's a nice model on its own, but NOT for Tia Dalma. It wasn't ever made for Tia Dalma and we just used it as the best placeholder, since at least it's a unique-looking model.
But I'm sooo looking forward to using the REAL Tia Dalma! :bow

Just tying up the edges + had to add a bit to the hair animation.......she's the only model with hir down to her butt.......didn't look right.
Anyways... when I finish these models I' m going to do a bit for Seaward.(new Jack Sparrow model to come :yes )........hopefully I can get the female ani. for CoAS then.

New Jack Sparrow model? That would be nice, but I already like the SParrow models we have (very accurate and nicely made). If you are making an even more accurate one, I would be all over that!. We should also make a SParrow model like what he was in DMC, wearing the coat and bandana without the hat. That would be cool! I also think we need to make a model of the Blonde Jack Sparrow (the one you can buy at pirate tailors) wearing the coat and the ht as well.

New Jack Sparrow model? That would be nice, but I already like the SParrow models we have (very accurate and nicely made). If you are making an even more accurate one, I would be all over that!. We should also make a SParrow model like what he was in DMC, wearing the coat and bandana without the hat. That would be cool! I also think we need to make a model of the Blonde Jack Sparrow (the one you can buy at pirate tailors) wearing the coat and the ht as well.

J.S. model isn't that much different........just the back of his jacket hsd a gap in it in film.....texture is better. It' a model that someone asked for at Seaward......as well as a repaired Morgan model that was stretching on the shoulders. The more I look at the models adapted to CoAS the more I see need repairing....think they were a bit rushed somehow..

BTW, regarding the blonde J.S. model...........you could do that ...it's only texturing.....have a go, if you need help it's here.

Maybe I will! I never tried moddeling before, just coding. I may mess around with Maya a little and see what I can come up with. But I would reccomend a new WIll Turner model without the hat. It would make him look a little more rugged and poor.

Maybe I will! I never tried moddeling before, just coding. I may mess around with Maya a little and see what I can come up with.

If you want to do the blonde model variant you don't need Maya.......just download Gimp & edit the texture.
Will Turner is in the pipeline..don't worry.

I have gimp, so I guess that will make it easier. That won't take me any time at all (although my first priority is too install COAS on my laptop tonight)

You got a copy at last then.

Don' t forget to rename the texture file.....same amount of letters etc. as original name then edit the GM to use that texture file using hex editor.
You'll have to add an entry into init model.c as well so the game finds it.

Back