• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

Just a couple of reminders here:

- Fetch Quests showed up at the very top in the dialog tree, which made them a bit too prominent; this *may* be improved in the Beta 3.5 WIP, but I'd like confirmation on that.

- Gunsmith Fetch Quests can require Gunpowder, which could be annoying since that is an important regular ship supply as well.

- Fetch Quests apparently don't expire qucikly enough, eventually leaving many open quests all over the Caribbean and many depleted goods.

- Quest isn't concluded until AFTER the dialog is closed, allowing you to complete it several times in a row.

This is what I gathered mainly from @Grey Roger's and @Hylie Pistof's comments.
Did I miss anything?

Requiring gunpowder isn't annoying, there are several places I can get it, not least of which is enemy ships. I don't think I've ever bought the stuff. Requiring gunpowder means I'm guaranteed to complete it on the spot, several times if the bug about not concluding until close of dialog isn't fixed. A gunpowder fetch quest is at present the least annoying of the lot, and probably the only one I'll take voluntarily. :D

And perhaps as a way to get people to do fetches, they occupy the top slot in the shop's dialog, which means if you're used to just going in and pressing "Space" a couple of times to get the first two normal default answers, you can find yourself stuck with a fetch quest if you're not careful.
Can you confirm if this has changed now? When I was messing around with dialogs a few weeks back, I did change some things to hopefully order this in a more sensible fashion.
But whether that actually worked or not, I do not know.

An oddity. I accepted a fetch quest from the shipyard on Tortuga for some linen. Went to Jamaica and got some and took it back, and the fetch quest was completed just fine. The odd thing is that when I checked to see how much time I had to complete it, the due date was July, 1552. I did this in January 1554. It still worked tho.

Just a couple of reminders here:

- Fetch Quests showed up at the very top in the dialog tree, which made them a bit too prominent; this *may* be improved in the Beta 3.5 WIP, but I'd like confirmation on that.

- Gunsmith Fetch Quests can require Gunpowder, which could be annoying since that is an important regular ship supply as well.

- Fetch Quests apparently don't expire qucikly enough, eventually leaving many open quests all over the Caribbean and many depleted goods.

- Quest isn't concluded until AFTER the dialog is closed, allowing you to complete it several times in a row.

This is what I gathered mainly from @Grey Roger's and @Hylie Pistof's comments.
Did I miss anything?
I'm reposting this as a reminder to @Levis.

I think I managed to solve the "Fetch Quests showed up at the very top in the dialog tree" comment, but I didn't do anything on any of the other observations.

Additionally, there seems to be some occasional time travel involved:
An oddity. I accepted a fetch quest from the shipyard on Tortuga for some linen. Went to Jamaica and got some and took it back, and the fetch quest was completed just fine. The odd thing is that when I checked to see how much time I had to complete it, the due date was July, 1552. I did this in January 1554. It still worked tho.
o_O

Back