• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons among Top 100 Mods of 2013!

OK we sank to 107th. So I posted a different screenie of action in the Captains cabin at the end of a boarding and it got more views than my earlier "pretty" screenies and we are suddenly up to 80th again.

Conclusion: They don't want pretty, they want blood and guts!

Last edited:
The videos could go on the YouTube account instead. Just to show some activity there too.
The login details are on the PotC Modding subforum, so you can just use those.

OK we sank to 107th. So I posted a different screenie of action in the Captains cabin at the end of a boarding and it got more views than my earlier "pretty" screenies and we are suddenly up to 80th again.
It's good to show something different once in a while. :onya

Exact same effect with HoO. Anything -anything- will improve the rating. (Within reason, of course.)

Exact same effect with HoO. Anything -anything- will improve the rating. (Within reason, of course.)
The only thing I would request is that people contact either you or myself before posting articles on the ModDB profiles.
We had an extra one posted by someone else on the New Horizons page, which I felt wasn't really necessary because it covered everything the previous article did.

It must be buried away somewhere as my screenies are getting more views than your news.

Does ANYBODY have a Facebook account? This article has STILL not been posted there and auto-copied to Twitter.
Now I am spending quite some time doing it myself. Not so good....

Somebody please take the Twitter login details and delete ALL today's posts EXCEPT for the most recent.
It got messed up, but apparently deleting a Twitter entry takes more than 10 minutes on my Internet connection.
This is just plain ridiculous and SOMEBODY ELSE NEEDS TO DO IT FOR ME!
It is easy. Anyone can do it. Takes only a few minutes. Please do it.

Well folks, voting has now ended, and I guess we'll hear in the coming days which mod made the top spot.
Regardless of what happens, I'll say again that for New Horizons to even place in the Top 100 is more than I expected, so we should be proud that it did. :dance

Indeed. Be Proud! :beer:

During the voting we went up and down a lot. Mostly we were around 60, but at one point we hit 30. There was a rash of bots voting at the end and we fell to 87th the last time I looked.

The visible rating is, I think, NOT the actual Top 100 popularity. We'll find out, I suppose.

Yeah, the rating we regularly see on the profile is just for the number of visitors at any one time. Though more visitors potentially mean more votes, of course.

Back