• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons among Top 100 Mods of 2013!

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
It makes me proud to announce that, thanks to everyone who has voted so far, PotC: New Horizons has officially made it into ModDB's list of Top 100 mods of 2013!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
potc_logo.png

Thank You!
For recognising New Horizons as one of the top 100 mods of 2013.
Long live the Build Mod! :bird:
:ship

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first time we have ever successfully reached the top 100 in ModDB's Mod of the Year voting, and we couldn't be happier to have achieved this. Such recognition is a fitting tribute to the many, many modders who have contributed countless hours to this astounding project.

Further votes from now until 21st December will count towards the top spot, and while we don't expect to reach that, anything more than top 100 status is a bonus. So if you still wish to show your appreciation for the mod, you can vote once more by clicking the widget below and selecting PotC: New Horizons.

As this very hectic year for PiratesAhoy! draws to a close, this achievement is a wonderful way to end it. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you that has either contributed to or supported any of our projects. You are what keeps this community alive, and may it live for many years to come!
:pirates

Attachments

• moty-125.png
    moty-125.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 29
It's a separate vote available for all the mods that made it into the Top 100; essentially the second and final round of voting before the best of the best is announced.

Heck, the fact that we even made it to this stage is good enough for me! :cheeky

I gave my vote immediatly after seeing this! Congratulations! I didn't bring any contribution for several years now, but you guys have taken this mod far from what we could have imagined.
What you did those last months goes beyond my wildest dreams and those of many! You gave us awesome locations and characters, great new functions and quests, a brand new interface
and astonishing ships!

I am know crossing my fingers for all of us, because you deserve it, and all your work must be recognised!

Very cool indeed! I could use some actual good news.

Unfortunately I will be pretty much unavailable for quite a while.
Internet is tremendously bad, work is very busy and I've got a LOT of crap to sort out.
Such as getting my lost luggage back from Manaus, Brazil of all places. AGH! :modding

Anyway, I will be unable to keep up PA! promotion on Facebook/Twitter/ModDB/YouTube, etc.
So everyone and anyone who is able to assist with that, PLEASE DO!!!
Let me know if you need to be set up properly on Facebook or ModDB.

I voted like H¤&%" on every computer I could find ....:p
At work, at friends and family... Hehehe.
It seems it was IP selective.

Congratulations and salutations for the nomination!!! :)
You have most definitely earned it!!

*bows*

@Pieter Boelen
SPAMMER!!!!!!! :p :pirates:wp

It appears New Horizons does sit among the top 100 visited profiles when content is regularly posted, which clearly helped us to gain so many votes.
I'm pretty sure we weren't so consistently popular this time last year; we must've done something right since then. :dance

I sent a message to all my fb "nerds" contacts to ask them a vote, I hope it helped! Anyway it might be good if we could post a mid-term update in the next
days with a recap of 2013 improvements :p

Thanks, Seb!
Pieter did suggest a few days ago that we make one massive news article covering everything we've done recently for PotC, AoP2 and Hearts of Oak, so that's something I'll be looking into over the coming days.

We have, for a short time, even been on #2 back in November 2011. And #3 as recently as end June 2013.
If we regularly post some content, we tend to be fairly high up there. Usually top 50 at least.
Especially new modpack updates and/or major news articles help a lot, so we should make use of those as much as possible! :cheers

This year, we have pretty much had the biggest jump in quality ever with Beta 2.5 and Beta 3 (thanks to my broken hip).
So that has to count for something. It had better....! ;) :wp

Huge congratulations on this guys! You all deserve it. The original game seems mediocre compared to what you have all done! Amazing work.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. It looks like the serious voting is happening now and POTC is down to 70.

Don't give us any ideas, now. :cheeky
If it happens again, I'll probably kill myself. I'm not going through this whole crap another time. :no

Well, it was fun while it lasted. It looks like the serious voting is happening now and POTC is down to 70.
If we want to get a bit further up there, we MUST do promotion. Near-continuous promotion.
Post something new every day on ALL our promotional profiles. As much as possible, anyway.

So that is:
PA! Main Page
ModDB Profile(s)
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Stuff to post could be anything. Some suggestions:
Screenshots
Videos
Articles, such as stories of experiences in the game or an explanation of a new modpack feature you enjoy
Modpack review

And I am unable to do any of that now. In fact, Internet is SO bad I am completely incapable of even reaching my e-mails.
It took me about 10 minutes to load this page and type this reply.

So in other words:

PEOPLE, PLEASE HELP OUT WITH THIS! IT MUST BE DONE AND YOU ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Screenies? Sure. Videos? I don't want to bury the excellent videos that are there now with my very average stuff.

Back