• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved New Horizons Black Screen Help!

USAF68

Landlubber
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have been reading here for a long time and I really enjoy GOF but really always wanted to play New Horizons from the beginning but could never get it to work and gave up. I recently started to try again and now I have the usual black screen when you start a new game but can open f1 and f2.
My system.log file follows. Please help I Reeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy want to play this mod. I played the original and I thought that was pretty good. Please Help!

Attachments

• system.log
    15.4 KB · Views: 168
Hey,
Does it give other .log files too?
Please upload these too.
Besided that please provide the folowing info:
- Which operating system are you using
- Are you using the Intell fix
- Which version of the modpack are you using
- Did you use the installation guide (if not how did you install it)

The system.log seems to show all kinds of missing textures so this normally points to a faulty installation.

I am using a computer with Intel and windows 8 and yes i installed the graphics fix. I am using b14 beta 3.4 and let me check my files and see, i am on a tablet, haha! Thanks for your time!

This is all I could find and I have enabled error logging

Attachments

• error.log
    77 bytes · Views: 132
  • compile.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 106
Please let me know if you installed it this way:

- Download part1
- Download part2 and put it in the same folder as part 1
- Run part2 and select the folder of your POTC installation

Is that all you did your did you do other things too?

It looks to me like you extracted things yourself cause there are all kinds of things missing.

please just put part 1 and part 2 together and run the installer

The problem is that when i do that it doesn't recognize the 7z file and says the main game files aren't there and tells me to install b14 beta3.4

I've tried again several times and its still not working. I don't know where to go with this anymore. Is it possible to just have someone with working game files to copy them and then have them put on my computer because i don't know what else to do. I've read multiple things on the forums but still no success. anyway thankyou for your help.

The problem is that when i do that it doesn't recognize the 7z file and says the main game files aren't there and tells me to install b14 beta3.4
Are you sure you're putting the archive together with the installer with the filename it asks for?
The installer MUST be allowed to do the job or it won't work.

Could you make a screenshot of the folder where the files are and show this?

I think you don't have the modpack installed to the same folder as the original game!
The missing files are stock game files.

I downloaded the full b14 beta 3.4 and it came as a 7z file. I put it in the same folder as the installer but when trying to install it it Daus the main b14 beta 3.4 hasn't been installed yet. So i tried putting it into my potc folder. It still didng recognize it. Then i tried getting the b14 beta 3.4 folder out of the 7z file and when i did that it still popped up the message where it said the b14 beta 3.4 were missing but it installed anyway this time. I have no clue what i did wrong like i said im horrible at computers. Now if stock potc files are missing that is ashamed because my potc disc doesntwork any more so i couldnt download even the original game again.

Place b14_beta3_installer.exe and b14_beta3_full.7z in the SAME folder, but OUTSIDE your PotC game folder.
Make sure the 7-Zip file has the exact name that I wrote above. The installer EXE should recognize the archive then.

Ok i am currently starting the new install. I figured out the problem. My dumb computer renamed the file b14 beta 3.4 (1). Let's just hope those stock files don't pose any problems. Thank you so far! Oh and btw I've been following HoO as closely as i can and it looks amazing! props to the pirates ahoy community!

Ok i am currently starting the new install. I figured out the problem. My dumb computer renamed the file b14 beta 3.4 (1).
Ah, that would indeed prevent it from finding it. :yes

Let's just hope those stock files don't pose any problems.
If you get a new copy of the game, I'd recommend keeping it somewhere safe on an external HD or so.
A reinstall may occasionally be needed.

I fi ished the install and so far it is working! I cant believe it! Ive been working for almost 2 years to fix this game because it just looked so good. I had many different problems but now thanks to your help and levis's help it is finally working! I am going to stop talking and just play now! I will post again if i have any other problems or bugs. Thank you so much you have made me vveerrryyyy happy!
:ship:onya:D

Back