• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion New Horizons Promotion

The posts by @Robert Nutter are removed while they still seem to contain information which isn't in the main post. is this for a reason?

I'm gone tomorrow but if someone wants to finish this article we can post it on ModDB, either you can get the permission to post on moddb and become the one who can post updates there. Or you can post the article somewhere here and Pieter can post it (if he isn't gone either). So please tell us if you want to help!

The posts by @Robert Nutter are removed while they still seem to contain information which isn't in the main post. is this for a reason?
Uhm... there was indeed a reason. That I seem to have forgotten.
Maybe it was that I intended to correct their content a bit before considering it "final", but never did?
Anyway, I might as well re-approve those posts, so they're back now.

I still need to do this. Eventually. But I've been too busy with other stuff (still am) and also couldn't muster the enthusiasm to actually do it.

@Pieter, I believe you moved it all over to the closed promotions thread, possibly? For sake of organisation and to make your own adjustments. At least that's what i recall :unsure I notice Armada's picked up the baton on this now so that's good. I never planned on having extended hiatuses but they've been somewhat forced upon me by life :(

Indeed that is where those posts are now. :yes

Also.... Good to see you in these waters again! :cheers

@Pieter, I believe you moved it all over to the closed promotions thread, possibly? For sake of organisation and to make your own adjustments. At least that's what i recall :unsure I notice Armada's picked up the baton on this now so that's good.
I'm actually using your post from earlier in this thread, which seems to be more polished up-to-date than the ones Pieter moved to the Release Article thread.

By the way, my current plan is to use Robert's write-up with Pieter's intro and Free Play section to form the main feature article, and then highlight the new and improved storylines (Gold-Bug, Ardent, Hornblower) in a follow-up article of their own.
The main article will still be pretty long, but it should be more manageable with the storyline content given its own spotlight afterwards. Does that sound good?

sounds good to me. its always better to spread content over a longer period

That sounds brilliant, @Armada!
Indeed I think fitting everything into a single article just wouldn't work.
It would get ridiculously long!

Plus, as @Levis says, more spread out content makes for better promotion anyway. :onya

btw @Armada it says in the article 4.1 is released, but I believe this should say 4.0 right?

Ah, for some reason I thought 4.1 had already been released on ModDB, but clearly not. :unsure
Is it nearing an "official" release any time soon? If not, I'll amend the article.

Ah, for some reason I thought 4.1 had already been released on ModDB, but clearly not. :unsure
Is it nearing an "official" release any time soon? If not, I'll amend the article.
not before september

Captura de Ecrã (38).png

Right now, the NH mod is in the 11th place of the ModDB ranking :)

I own TWO copies of the PotC discs.
I need only one.
I am thinking to use the other set as a prize for a contest.
I could even sign it; like a celebrity. :rofl

What kind of contest then?
An idea just popped into my head:
A "GUESS THE ENGINE / GAME" contest.

Step 1: Developers send me the best pictures of their various game projects
Step 2: We make a YouTube video showing these images in random order; unmarked
Step 3: Viewers can comment with which image matches with which game
Step 4: Person with the most correct gets the prize

The more seafaring games we can throw at this, the more interesting it gets.
And the more difficult!

Thoughts...?

Either that or some random picking.
Though I may have another similar idea. What if the pictures are that of (preferably historical) ships in games but also real world pictures ones if needed.
The one with the most correct ones wins. This way people may even learn a bit of nautical history. ;)

Unless if we save it for the next possible modding competition.
There is an issue with that though. Most modders already have PotC so... :shrug

Back