• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons Wiki

Can somebody add Talisman's walkthrough from this post to http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/Legend_of_Jack_Sparrow_Quests ?

I have posted an updated version of the Jack Sparrow walkthrough onto the Wiki. :hmm

It includes the new opening sequence and the Pirate Lord Sidequests. :nk

That looks absolutely wonderful, Talisman! Must've cost you quite a bit of work, that! :bow
Couple of comments:
- Lucas the Admirals Son & Eliz Shaw is available earlier,
though you'll end up playing that after CotBP if you don't do it earlier.
Playing it before meeting Davy Jones gives some interesting effects later.
- There should be an alternate line during the CotBP quest involving Jack and Norrington going to visit the Turks pirates
- Annamaria should have a dinghy nowadays; not a tartane anymore

"Thomas Tipman" is being renamed to "Talisman the Tipper" in thanks of your valiant efforts in the walkthrough and wiki update ;)

Indeed BRILLIANT! :cheeky

Some things will need to be changed in patch 4 ;) (mainly locations for Sao Feng quest and a fairly new Lucas + girl [changed name] quest])

But great for patch 3 so far :D

I have posted an updated version of the Jack Sparrow walkthrough onto the Wiki. :hmm

It includes the new opening sequence and the Pirate Lord Sidequests. :nk
I have updated a little your work
http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/Legend_of_Jack_Sparrow_Quests

I respect your work, but sorry, I have removed that 'by Talisman' part, because Wiki is edit-by-all site... And Can't have any credits or owners (except admins) ... And I updated a little main part... Every name and location is now link... Sad, but every link (except 'Jack Sparow') is red now... But hope someone in time will create proper threads...

I'll update quest pages with link-thing after couple of days (if no one else will do that... )

i just finished my work on a little file converter (java) where you
can specify two delimitters(start/end) to grap stuff out of a file like the items file
this should allow me to do things more efficiently, mybe i'll add the feature to convert it directly to wiki tables but i'm not shure if this will be possible, still it would have been a lot of work to grab everything by hand(mouse?? :woot ) .... (as programmer i'm anyway to lazy to do that xD:)

will still take a while before things are ready to put in.

gruss raphael

Hmm... I wonder... could you possibly make a program to convert AoP sailorspoints files to PotC walk files?
That should be a fairly simple matter of reformatting the file to work in PotC and would be MOST useful! :woot

if you can provide me any deteils i could actualy do this ...
don't know what the differences would be, and so forth but possible indeed

gruss raphael

Find attached a PotC walk file (Brig5_walk.c) and an AoP sailorspoints file (Brig1.ini).
There's some information on both file formats here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/11880-sailorspoints-for-the-black-pearl/page__p__257769&#entry257769
Hopefully that

There's a very useful Sailorstool that generates sailorspoints files. See here for information:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/11380-tools-tutorials-and-information/page__view__findpost__p__335113
So if you can make a conversion program, we can put give proper walk files to all AoP ships in the game,
as well as use this Sailorstool to create walk files for the other ships.
That'd be a great step towards getting crew on all new ships and would be MOST appreciated.

I know Thomas the Terror used the Sailorstool to make the walk file for the Dutchlineship1.
He did the conversion from sailorspoints to PotC walk manually.
If you need more information that you can find above, drop Thomas a PM.
Allow a couple of weeks for him to reply though; I think he went on holiday. :eek:ops2

I have updated a little your work
http://wiki.piratesahoy.net/index.php/Legend_of_Jack_Sparrow_Quests

I respect your work, but sorry, I have removed that 'by Talisman' part, because Wiki is edit-by-all site... And Can't have any credits or owners (except admins) ... And I updated a little main part... Every name and location is now link... Sad, but every link (except 'Jack Sparow') is red now... But hope someone in time will create proper threads...

I'll update quest pages with link-thing after couple of days (if no one else will do that... )

:onya

Links look great :woot

ok pieter
i'll do that but that will have to wait untill
weekend at least. lots on my plate at the moment.
short nights long days :modding

gruss raphael

Not a problem; we've waited many months. We can wait a few more days. ;)

Heya guys; sorry ive been absent but i havnt been near a computer and it was my 18th recently so i havnt had many chances to get on:D just thought id come on and let you know that i am still doing the ship descr's and they will be ready to post on wiki soon. Im just adding some of the stats from ships.init atm. All are welcome to add stats if they want but if you want to post a descr up then could you poss tell me which one so if I have already done it we can compare and see which is the better? Chances are it wouldnt be mine anyway
wink.gif

Also, Im writing a little guide to battles in POTC and historical tactics atm which ill also post (somewhere) soon. If it proves handy, ill post it in the Tips forum ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Im stuck in the task to get Tia dalma to pelogostos xD. Guess why??? I dont know where is it. I tryied to acess the wiki but google chroome didnt found the page :modding

Yes, the Wiki did not make the transition to the new forum very well. :facepalm

There is no Pelogostos. That storyline is unfinished and it just ends there. :shrug

To the Staff: I'm rebooting this thread because I feel it's the best place to continue the discussion. @Thagarr if it's possible to deactivate my old account, that'd probably be for the best else I'm violating forum rules!

As anyone who visited it recently knows, I didn't get very far with the descriptions and screenshots in the end...mostly due to personal matters and switching to OSX. However, now I'm back I feel somewhat duty-bound to continue, at least in a lesser capacity. Is there any kind of list I could have of current ship models and/or stats in the game? From that, I should be able to simply feed it all into the wiki and add some nice little descriptions/screenshots too. Last time I played was 2009 so I really need to get myself up to date!

Is this even still wanted? As I promise I won't run off this time :D

EDIT: If such a list doesn't exist within the game, is there a way I can make all ships instantly available to the player for the purposes of this? I need to brush up on my modding again so forgive me if this is a silly question.

Is there any kind of list I could have of current ship models and/or stats in the game? From that, I should be able to simply feed it all into the wiki and add some nice little descriptions/screenshots too. Last time I played was 2009 so I really need to get myself up to date!

Is this even still wanted? As I promise I won't run off this time :D
As far as I'm concerned, you can skip on making an up-to-date list of all ships on the Wiki, because before you know it, it is out-of-date anyway.
The ingame Select Storyline interface is always correct and available to anyone, so I'll always just suggest people to use that instead. :cheeky

@Talisman is doing mostly all Wiki updates these days. Maybe he's got some comments on it too?

Ah ok...last time I played my version didn't have a fully working Storyline interface so this just goes to prove how out of date I am! :no Once I'm back I'll make finding my copy of the game and installing the latest Build Mod my top priority so I don't waste people's time.

I was thinking though that it may be worth it if not just for marketing purposes...marketing in the way of attracting players. Either way, I'm very happy to still do it.

I was thinking though that it may be worth it if not just for marketing purposes...marketing in the way of attracting players. Either way, I'm very happy to still do it.
I won't stop you if you want to do it. But it seems like rather a waste of time and effort to me.
For promotional purposes, we don't truly need to show all ships; 200+ is too much to look at anyway.
Just an overview of some of the nicer ones would suffice for that. And we've already got that in our various ModDB articles and YouTube trailers.

That's cool then, just making sure it's tied up nicely! I probably have my hands full getting geared up with the modelling anyway :)

Back