• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Location-specific Loading Screens

Here's two for Bartolomeu's Assassin storyline Vera Cruz locations.

Town_FalaiseDeFleur_Port_Spain.jpg

Town_IslaMuelle_Town_01_Spain.jpg

Ok, these loading screens worked fine on my last install. But on this new install they don't. I get a black screen at every transition. I've tried it twice with the same result. What am I missing?

Did you run the batch file included in the archive? If not, you would get black screens.
If you did, it's error logging time. Check system.log .

I must have installed something out of sequence. I started a new game and all is well. :cheers The guards or whatever in the hotel rooms are back. A grenade takes care of them. :ixi I likes me privacy. :p: Walking into three assassins is a problem. It might be fun at level 50, but at level 6 one is pinned in a corner and can't see anything, plus in the time it takes to draw your sword you are dead. :ko

Those are great prints! Yes, their size is odd. The billowing sails in the third one are interesting to me. The fleut sails are like that also.

Vera Cruz.......... :will

Blank (Black ) Screens

Cayman

The jungle section outside the cave - both from the jungle and exiting the cave.

Eleuthera

Same jungle section as Cayman ( the loading screen is OK for the Barbados cave location :shrug )

Shore with shipwreck on it.

Aruba

The dungeon/cavern at Rocky Shore

The townhall in Oranjestad

Thanks a lot for that, Talisman! I found and fixed all those issues.
They extended to some other locations as well, which I also sorted.
I'm redoing the file from the opening post to include the latest fixes.
I also had to make a new screen for that Oranjestad townhall:
Inside_ResidenceSmall1.jpg

Please redownload the file from the opening post. It's been redone with the following:
- Storyline location init files included
- Jack Sparrow storyline custom start screen added
- Oranjestad townhall screen added
- Vera Cruz location screens added
- Hitman sidequest loading screens finished
- Cave Entrance screens fixed
- Aruba dungeon screen fixed
- Eleuthera shore ship screen fixed
- Pirate residence screens fixed
New game required to make use of the code file fixes.

Blank (Black ) Screen - with old version of file - don't know if you have found this one

Grand Turk Fort - Office in basement

:cheers

Yep; that one's fixed too and included.
It seems almost all "pirate residence" locations had a mistake in their loading screen code,
which I found when you pointed out the Oranjestad townhall error.

There are blank screens in a house beside the shipwright at St. Pierre. :wp

New game! Curses. Just got up to where I can fight back without dying every time. :ixi

There are blank screens in a house beside the shipwright at St. Pierre. :wp
That should be covered with "- Storyline location init files included". I had fixed that before, but failed to include the files. Pretty silly, that! :facepalm

Blank (Black ) Screen - with new version of files .

Isla de Muerta - all beaches ( Witches Rock - Dead Mans Bay & Deserted Shore )

Unable to get to treasure cave - so could not check that.

BTW - Should I be able to access "quest specific" locations with these files :?

I am using the Master & Commander storyline - I have tried to get into the EITC office in Port Royale ( Kingston ) & Mateus Santos house there and they were both locked.

Also tried Bartolomeus' Playa de Muerta on Hispaniola, that was locked as well.

:mm

Confirmed and will be fixed soon. Seems they were made to use custom loading screens that never existed.
And I'll need to make a new one for the Grotto location.

Here's the missing Isla de Muerte Grotto location screen:
Outside_Grotto.jpg

BTW - Should I be able to access "quest specific" locations with these files :?
These locations are only unlocked in their respective storylines.
The M&C storyline doesn't have any locations at all, so any quest locations you won't be able to access.

These locations are only unlocked in their respective storylines.
The M&C storyline doesn't have any locations at all, so any quest locations you won't be able to access.

:onya

Santiago, Cuba, Tavern - The new tavern is different to the loading screen ( Havana tavern is ok - loading screen shows upper level.)

Charlestown, Nevis Townhall - Loading screen says Shipyard ( interior is the same as used for some shipyards.)

Very true on both accounts. Townhall/Shipyard confusion is easily fixed:
I already made a Townhall version of that screen for Tortuga, so we can reuse that one.
For the taverns, I had to make two new screens.

Inside_Tavern_1.jpg

Inside_Tavern_2.jpg

Pirate Settlement, Nevis - Brothel - Loading Screen says Tavern ( interior is the same as some taverns )

:drunk

True. I'm not sure if I care enough about that to make a custom screen for that one though.
It's almost a tavern. :wp

Back