• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Location-specific Loading Screens

Blank (Black ) Screen - with new version of files .

Guadeloupe Plantation House ( bedroom in house is OK )

:cheers

BTW The swamp looks really good. :doff

Confirmed; apparently no loading screen had been set for that location at all.
Fixed by using "Inside_Residence3.tga"; unfortunately, that one say "Townhall".
Maybe I should replace the text "Townhall" on all screens with "Residence".
That way, it can go either way, no?

Maybe I should replace the text "Townhall" on all screens with "Residence".
That way, it can go either way, no?

:yes

Blank (Black ) Screens - with new version of files .

Barbados

Speightstown - in new part of town - Mansion & its Study ( bedroom ok )

Bridgetown - in new part of town opposite big church - Mansion & its Study ( bedroom ok )

Bridgetown - new part of town uses same loading screen as the original town.

Only 2 islands left to visit ( Grenada & Bonaire ) then I will have been to all the places I can think of. :dance

I just fixed Mansion and Study and replaced all Townhall texts with Residence, so that should cover all those.

Also, here's the new screens for the Nevis Pirate Settlement Brothel and Bridgetown Suburb:

Inside_LargeTavern_Brothel.jpg

Town_Redmond_Town_03_England.jpg

:woot :bow

Wandered round the last 2 islands - all ok.

I have now been arround all the islands - been to all the places I could think of - & get access to using the M & C Story.

The new loading screens look really good - and much more consistent in appearance. :bow

:cheers

Thanks a lot, mate! It'll be great to be able to enjoy the game without worrying about the loading screens. :dance

I just changed the Havana outskirts location to match the Spanish look of the rest of the town and made a new loading screen for it.
Town_Conceicao_Exit_Spain.jpg

Here's six replacement loading screens, getting rid once and for all of the ancient flags, and also showcasing some of our latest nice new models!

Town_Charlestown.jpg

Town_Douwesen_Port.jpg

Town_FalaiseDeFleur_Port2_England.jpg

Town_IslaMuelle_Port.jpg

Town_Redmond_Port.jpg

Town_Redmond_Port_Spain.jpg

Nice work, Pieter! They look much better with the new flags and ships.
Some of them are only let down slightly by a lack of anti-aliasing on the ropes, though. :urgh

Can't be helped; I'm not redoing them. Side-effect of us actually being able to SEE the ropes on that distance now.
The image compression makes it a bit less obvious though, I hope. :wp

If you're interested, have a look at our Facebook page where I've just posted these screenshots without the text overlays so you can see them properly in their original quality.

I know it can't be helped, and it's only a small detail, really, so no worries. :onya

It's nice to see the Facebook page taking off now, too! Plenty of comments coming in with all the new images. :dance

And we're sort-of vaguely getting some followers and subscribers on Twitter and YouTube as well. It's not going fast, but since it's there, at least it's there to be found by interested people.
It should help that anything posted on YouTube, Facebook and the main PiratesAhoy! page ends up on the Twitter feed, so that actually does make it worth it for people to keep an eye on it.
After all, apart from the stuff on the ModDB (where we've got 216 watchers anyway), everything else ends up on Twitter.

Anyone currently working on improving the loading screens? Can't help but to notice that they are really bad quality images of the game running on low-res.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would very much be willing to take new ones and append them with the loading screen decor. Or is it a matter of filesize?

I made all the screenshots and they weren't done in low resolution; I made them in 1152x864 and then resized them to 1024x512.
The original game's loading screens were 512x512, so the quality is definitely better.
I didn't make the size too much larger though to avoid making the modpack huger than it already is.

If anybody for whatever reason wants to make new loading screens in Build 14 style, please find here my templates:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Pieter%20Assorted%20Files/Loading%20Screens/Loading_Screens_Template.exe

Also, this file contains all uncompressed screens I've still got left, some in 1024x1024 instead of 1024x512 as in the game:
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Pieter%20Assorted%20Files/Loading%20Screens/Loading_Screens_All.exe
You can use that to make a set of higher quality loading screens than the ones currently in the modpack.

Maybe I can make some if I get some spare time but I want to learn how to get high up in the air (without making new locators).
Has it something to do with free camera etc etc :wacko:

Yes, it does. Set FREE_CAMERA to 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and use Tab to switch between regular camera and free camera modes.
Note: For land free camera mode, you need to start a new game.

I played a part of my quest and found 3 loading screens that were of a very low quality.
(Indoor rather dark pictures) I realize why they have to be minimilized but I have 2 questions:

1) Where/how can I upload an extra pack of (larger = better) screens for WoodesRogers?
2) More important: will it ever be possible to add anything new to POTC? How do we go on? :huh

Until Pieter wanders by..........

1) Can you access the FTP? That would be a good place to put them.

2) A lot has happened in the last year and POTC is still evolving. But ultimately we will have to merge with COAS.

Back