• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Location-specific Loading Screens

Jack has used the FTP for some time; he knows how to. I uploaded my uncompressed loading screen files a couple of posts above.
You'd be welcome to make a "high detail loading screens" additional download and submit to the ModDB or something.

If we're talking about modpack filesize, we're going to have no choice but to split any Beta 3 installer into two parts. :shrug

If we're talking about modpack filesize, we're going to have no choice but to split any Beta 3 installer into two parts.
Is that so bad - it's not a stop to new things after all!

But ultimately we will have to merge with COAS.
And the reason is?
Merge means shipping our stuff to COAS or any other combination?
What is the timetable for that?

I want to know as I have started a little to... :rolleyes:

For me the reason is: DX9!!!!! It is possible to get DX9 in COAS but not in POTC according to PirateKK. Yesterday I played the Half Life hirez demo Lost Coast and was seeing framerates in the 80-230 range along with better graphics. In POTC I see fps in the 9-60 range. This will only get worse over time.

Yes, COAS would be the base with POTC stuff added on top. PirateKK knows the time frame best, but methinks it will be 1-2 years.

I have uploaded the higher quality loading screens to Woodes Rogers on the ftp under Jack Rackham.

Timeframe for porting to CoAS does not exist. There's a general intention to do that, but it could take literally forever before it happens.

Back