• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

new mod idea!

do u like this idea for a mod?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• I dunno

• Total voters

COG_DragonLord

Landlubber
Ok so this is how it goes... Ok when u take over a town u know u have to fight the fort first to take it over.
Well the forts are too easy so i propose a mod that could change that. for instance a fort could always has battleships or warships in front of it to help protect it and the cannons can be culverine cannons depending on the size and population of the colony.
For instance a colony like oxbay might have 12 ib culverines because it has such a small population and a small town size but a colony like redmond would have 24 ib culverines and so when u defeat the fort and the ships defending it u have the option to plunder the town or take over the town.
This is where the mod would really take affect ok so then u make a govern town option which u press f3 or some thing to open up a command menu.
One option would be that u can set taxes for the town and if the taxes are to high then the town revolts so u have to lower taxes after u kill the revolt and then after a week ur people come back.
Then another option would be to be able to select what's contrabaned on ur colony and what not.
Another option would be to upgrade ur fort like men wise and ship wise like lets say ur colony has a population of 2k well then that allows u to hire up to 50 percent of ur populace so u are allowed to hire 1k people into ur fort to defend the fort and then u can buy ships and u can set those to defend the fort as well. And then u could upgrade the cannons on the fort like when u get a fort it might have 16 ib cannons but u can upgrade them to 24 ib culverines if u wanted.
Another thing about this mod would be that every month a fleet of battleships comes to try to retake the colony so if u took a english colony they would send 1 man of war and 3 battle ships or maybe more. If u took over a french colony they would send a french fleet of ships like the french version of a man o war and 3 french versions of battleships and so on.
Also another thing about this mod would be that it will allow u to control more than 4 ships. It would do this by allowing u to hire a captain and captains would be worth 100,000 and u have to pay them 2,000 a month so this way u can have more than 4 ships but its extremly expensive.
Another thing this mod would do is that it would allow u to fully take over towns like when u try to take over oxbay in the original game the people go away for a while and then they come back under the colonys countrys rule so u can never take over an island but in this mod u would be able to take it over but u have to pay the upkeep for the town as well. So every once in a while u would get a bill saying that the town's walls need to be repaired and it would cost like 2k. Thats why u can set the taxes so u can make money but also use it to pay for repairs of things in the town.
Well tell me if u would like this mod... although i can't make it lol maybe one of u other mod makers could though.

i think your mod would be cool if this wasnt a pirate game, sorry no disrespect man but that sounds more like governer terminator stuff than plunderin and pillage the village type stuff, interesting tho

well if u think about it, it increases ur ability to plunder the seas and allows u to become an even richer pirate and what i typed wasn't that long so if u couldn't read the whole thing well thats just sad...

well the fact is I could read it but I chose not to, and thats pretty sad that you could not understand what I typed

well mihail the thing is i understood perfectly what u typed but u didn't understand a thing about what i typed u see i typed "and what i typed wasn't that long so if u couldn't read the whole thing well thats just sad..." and if u think long and hard about it u see that what i said was directed towards ur laziness i wasn't making a statment about u not being literally not able to read it so i didn't understand what u wrote no my friend it is u who didn't understand what i wrote. but lets not turn this into a flaming contest how about we just keep the post on the mod idea.

No the fact is for average post in this forum is a short `3-4` lines, so thus your post was long thus me being too lazy to read a post that was longer then average. thus you not understanding what I said. As you said if you look long and hard that what I said you will understand.

Not to jump into the middle of things, but I also did not read your original post, but that was because there was very little punctuation. I'm not going to read a mile long run on sentence trying to figure out exactly what you mean.

I did skim it though. Good idea.

i reckon there's a lot more to consider about capturing a colony than you think.

firstly, it's not very realistic to think you could capture a colony for yourself and expect to keep it for more than a week, against the might of an entire empire. also, it would need to be a lot more `in-depth` than just setting taxes and contraband - running a town would end up being a whole other game in itself. doable, but it would be months and months of work to get it worthwhile!

i agree about the sacking forts thingy, though. i think forts are waaaaay too easy to beat and the reward is way too low. the forts need loads more men, and loads more hp, and they should all definitely have 32lbs cannons, or even heavier if that's implementable (i mean, come on, it's a fort). and there definitely should be a huge naval fleet at each colony - maybe patrolling the island, maybe just moored some way out from the harbour? - that you would have to deal with to get to the fort.

the only problem is that the number of men in a fort is tied to the population of a town, which is now variable (thanks to nk's mod). and it's fairly unrealistic to have like 50% of a town's population manning the fort! so to get `better-manned` forts but still have the variable population feature, we would need to multiply the population of every town by 2 or 3. that would also solve problems such as, i can NEVER get enough food to feed my `2800-strong` crew (i usually go around with 3 manowars ^_^ )

when that's all done there could be some really cool quest scenarios involving leading an invasion fleet or something...

i might have a go at doing some of this, eventually, if anyone thinks it's a good idea?

If you want to screw around with building and running towns and islands go buy
1602 AD! And yes, COG Drangonlord, your grammar really needs some work.
Ok, like you know, ok like. ^_^:

First off I dont think theres enough islands in this game right now to implement that.Speaking for myself I spend a lot more time at sea than on land,where a pirate should be,not running some island,thats best left for Governors,which I dont wanna be. ^_^:

lol... greybeard i dunno where u grew up but my grammar isn't bad so stfu and i never used "Ok, like you know, ok like. " in any of my posts so once again stfu.

awe cmon cog, dont get all bent outa shape, not all ideas are great and all ideas are flawed so dont take it to heart man, criticism is only negative when given to a negative person [que: bright lights and sounds of awe and enlightenment]

Back