• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New musket types

I just had a fight with some guards and they where carrying muskets but they didn't equip them when I attacked them...

I just had a fight with some guards and they where carrying muskets but they didn't equip them when I attacked them...
Were they fighting with their bayonets then? I got a bit confused on that as well at first, but apparently they only switch after they fire their first shot.
So if they don't fire, they'll keep their musket on their back.

they didn't shoot because I attacked them first.
It looked to me like they where unarmed... but I was in godmode so maybe they where using theire bayonets, but then it should look like they have the gun in their hands right?

They should switch to bayonets after a shot yes. Which bayonet/musket type are we talking about,
the one with the bayonet always attached to the musket or the plug-in one?

Npc:s need some ammo to be able to fire, even if they don't consume it. o_O
Could it be that they don't have any/the right ammo?

Npc:s need some ammo to be able to fire, even if they don't consume it. o_O
Could it be that they don't have any/the right ammo?
I wouldn't rule it out... @Levis should be able to tell when looting.
But only if he knows what they need in the first place.

This is a reminder that for the Beta 4 public release, I would quite want the new musket models to be adjusted so they show up closer to the characters' shoulders.
Otherwise you just know there are going to be 20 people commenting on it looking not quite perfect enough. :facepalm

Would it be possible to have the Nock gun? This was basically a seven-barrel musket with a heavy recoil which made it very difficult to use, and that - along with the risk of setting light to rigging when all seven barrels went off at once - was why it wasn't often used and was withdrawn from service. Its main claim to fame as far as we're concerned is that it appeared in the "Sharpe" TV series, which means if it ever does find its way into the game, I'm giving it to Sergeant Harper in the "Hornblower" storyline. (Otherwise I may give him a blunderbuss instead, or possibly duplicate the blunderbuss and alter its stats a bit, as that has much the same effect - a spread of projectiles to hit a group of enemies.)

Would it be possible to have the Nock gun? This was basically a seven-barrel musket with a heavy recoil which made it very difficult to use, and that - along with the risk of setting light to rigging when all seven barrels went off at once - was why it wasn't often used and was withdrawn from service. Its main claim to fame as far as we're concerned is that it appeared in the "Sharpe" TV series, which means if it ever does find its way into the game, I'm giving it to Sergeant Harper in the "Hornblower" storyline. (Otherwise I may give him a blunderbuss instead, or possibly duplicate the blunderbuss and alter its stats a bit, as that has much the same effect - a spread of projectiles to hit a group of enemies.)
I can imagine when you use this we want to Trigger the dodge(back) Animation also so you are actually knocked back when Shooting?

@Jack Rackham: Is there some "click" sound linked to some of the new guns?
I was playing in Hornblower and there were muskets all around.
For some reason, I nearly continuously heard all sorts of clicking sounds.
Have to admit that was quite annoying, but I'm not quite sure what it would be related to....

Indeed it is. When changing from back mode to hip mode:

if(IsMainCharacter(attack)) { PlaySound("OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.wav"); }
else { if(IsOfficer(attack)) PlaySound("INTERFACE\button1.wav"); }

the idea was something like 'get ready'.

Also sounds when reset to back mode:

if(IsMainCharacter(attack)) { PlaySound("PEOPLE\clothes1.wav"); }
else { if(IsOfficer(attack)) PlaySound("PEOPLE\grass_turn.wav"); }

Indeed it is.
Might be a bit much if the player and all three officers all use it at once.
Especially in Arcade Game Mode where your gun reloads while you're fighting too.

Though if it is just when changing modes, that should not happen all that often at all, should it?
Because it did! It was a continuous clicking and not clicking and clicking again.
Could this code be triggered more often than it is meant to be?

Could this code be triggered more often than it is meant to be?
Hmm maybe enemies do click too? Which wasn't the idea.

What if I skip all those sounds in Arcade Mode and only keep Pchar's sound else?

@Jack Rackham: Here are some quick testing log entries from me:
Code:
hip_LongRifle_C for Gontier Collopy
hip_LongRifle_C for Aurel Leydier
hip_LongRifle_C for Richard Sharpe
back_LongRifle_C for Richard Sharpe

Quest name end_of_skirmish1 FOUND in QuestComplete

Quest name end_of_skirmish2 FOUND in QuestComplete
Quest name end_of_skirmish3 FOUND in QuestComplete

ItemLogic: On load location Santo_Domingo_town_exit_1

Quest name fight_more_voltigeurs FOUND in QuestComplete
Quest name fight_more_voltigeurs2 FOUND in QuestComplete

hip_LongRifle_C for Tongue
hip_LongRifle_C for Higgins
hip_LongRifle_C for Cooper
hip_LongRifle_C for Helgot Vanel
hip_LongRifle_C for Felix Roubel
hip_LongRifle_C for Fluvant Hanotel
hip_LongRifle_C for Hugues Prins
hip_LongRifle_C for Rene Chaboche
hip_LongRifle_C for Guilhabert Devaluez
back_LongRifle_C for Higgins
hip_LongRifle_C for Tongue
back_LongRifle_C for Felix Roubel
back_LongRifle_C for Tongue
hip_LongRifle_C for Cooper
back_LongRifle_C for Cooper
All the English names (Sharpe, Higgings, Tongue, Cooper) are with the player and therefore could trigger the sound effect.
Note especially how often the functions are called for Richard Sharpe. Note that these are only two fights in two locations.
So it does seem that this all seems to be called rather often, which then of course also makes the sounds played equally often. :facepalm

You can do a quick-and-messy test yourself by starting a new game on Hornblower and executing this through console:
Code:
  LAi_SetImmortal(pchar, true);
   LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Thomas Wolfe"));
   LAi_ActorFollowEverywhere(CharacterFromID("Thomas Wolfe"), "", 0.0);
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Richard Sharpe"), 0);
   SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Richard Sharpe"));
   LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Richard Sharpe"));
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Patrick Harper"), 0);
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Rifleman Haggman"), 0);
   DoQuestReloadToLocation("Hispaniola_shore_01", "reload", "reload1" ,"Hispaniola_shore_for_Quelp");
Then play through for a little bit; you'll get two land battles with quite a lot of Riflemen in a row.

And here's a file with extra logging in it.

Attachments

• quests_common.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 212
Back