• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release New PotC Movie Music Pack!

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
hi.gif
mates! I've got a special treat for all of you, a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie music pack!

It is an optional download for fans of the 4 films. It features music from all 4 movies. It is different from the old PotC music pack. I've re-mixed a lot of the old music, gave new music to events that didn't have music, and added music from the newest movie: On Stranger Tides.
keith.gif

NOTE: REQUIRES A NEW GAME.

To get the new music pack, simply download the file here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/LS_4_Film_Music_Pack.exe

Then follow these steps:

1. Once downloaded, click on the file and extract it to your main folder (e.g. Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean)
2. When it asks to overwrite files, click "Yes to all".
3.Start the game, and in the main menu, click on "Options", then click on "Sounds", then click on "Music Scheme" and click the arrow left or right and select "Pirates of the Caribbean".
4. Start a new game (a new game is required) and enjoy!
me.gif

I worked hard on this, so I hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know if you have any problems with it. I'll be happy to help.
danse1.gif

I've just modified your post to include a direct link to the file itself. Saves an extra click. ;)
I also changed the "main folder" to read (e.g ...), since not everyone installs to the same folder.

Great work on this, by the way. It's nice to see it finally released. :onya

Front page news, good work mate! :onya

I have an X-FI sound card and I replaced the Bose headphones with Sennheiser headphones.

You WILL notice the sound in this sound pack. It rumbles.

Great job, mate! What music tracks did you use? Did you end up using any of the rare/officially unreleased music too?

Ok I uploaded it here too: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/files/file/91-new-potc-movie-music-pack/

Hey Pieter, when you do the next patch, can you stick it on this list of downloads? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/

I noticed the other music packs are on this list.
william.gif

I guess since this is an optional download, it wouldn't be included with the next patch?
dunno.gif

I'm just trying to get the word out about my release, so at least some people download and enjoy the work I put into it. I think I've done everything I can now.

Great job, mate! What music tracks did you use? Did you end up using any of the rare/officially unreleased music too?

Here's the complete list of tracks that I used. For the ones that have the same track for more than one thing, that means I used different parts of the track for different parts of the game:

POC_Aborage - Up is Down - AWE
POC_Bitva1 - Wheel of Fortune - DMC
POC_Bitva2 - Palm Tree Escape - OST
POC_Board_&_Capture - Mutiny - OST
POC_Cave_or_Dungeon_Walking - Tia Dalma - DMC
POC_Church_Theme - At Wit's End - AWE
POC_Coridor - Mermaids - OST
POC_End_Storm - I Feel Cold - COTBP
POC_Eng_Town - DealWith Beckette/Jack Drunk - DMC (unreleased)
POC_Eng_Town2 - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Suite Part 1
POC_Enplavanie - I see Dead People In Boats
POC_Fra_Town - Capture of the HMS Interceptor - COTBP
POC_Gorod-1 - Guilty of Being Innocent of Being Jack Sparrow - OST
POC_Gorod-2 - Jack Sparrow - DMC
POC_Hol_Town - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Suite Part 2
POC_Hol_Town2 - End Title - COTBP (unreleased)
POC_Jungle - Dinner is Served - DMC
POC_Jungle_Shore_Exploration - Parlay - AWE
POC_Main_Theme - End Title - OST
POC_Paluba - Ignorance is Bliss - OST (unreleased)
POC_Pir_Town - End Title (unreleased) - AWE
POC_Port-1 - Jack Sparrow - DMC
POC_Sea_Battle01 - The Black Pearl Gives Chase - COTBP
POC_Sea_Battle02 - I Don't Think Now is the Best Time - AWE
POC_Sea_Battle03 - Blackbeard - OST
POC_Ship_Dead - I Don't Think Now is the Best Time - AWE (unreleased)
POC_Ship_Victory01 - What Shall We Die For? - AWE
POC_Ship_Victory03 - One Day - AWE
POC_Sobor - At Wit's End - AWE
POC_Spa_Town - Angelica - OST
POC_Spokplavanie - Marooned - COTBP
POC_Storm - End Title (unreleased)/Davy Jones/At Wit's End - DMC & AWE
POC_Taverna - Two Hornpipes - DMC
POC_Two_Hornpipes_(Tortuga) - Two Hornpipes - DMC
POC_Usa_Town - Jack & Gibbs - OST (unreleased)
POC_YoHo_instrumental
POC_YoHo_With_Vocals

Cool!

"Ignorance is Bliss": what track is that?

You didn't use much of the unreleased suite tracks, did you? Apparently only the unreleased Parachute bit from "I Don't Think Now is the Best Time"?

Apparently only the unreleased Parachute bit from "I Don't Think Now is the Best Time"?

I have no idea what you just asked me. haha
rolleyes.gif

Ignorance is Bliss is one of the unreleased OST tracks. No, as far as the suites go, I only used 2 parts of one.

Or at least download and sample it. Trying it proper requires me to play the game, which I haven't done for ages. Anyway, good idea! :onya

Pieter I updated my music pack. Here it is:

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Legendary_Spider/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean.exe

Don't forget to post that a new game is required.

You want me to write an article on the ModDB to go with it? Do you have any notes of the music you added that is not from the original CDs? Just so we've got something to mention there.
Some notes on your thinking behind the choice of music might also be interesting for people to read. :doff

Sure!
me.gif

I'll come up with some notes for it. Anyone who is a fan of the films is gonna want this.
keith.gif

I was thinking... When you've got your notes written, maybe we can make a "PotC film influences" ModDB news article,
where we can show the film ships, the newly added effects, maybe some scenes from the storyline and put your write-up of your music pack too.

I was thinking... When you've got your notes written, maybe we can make a "PotC film influences" ModDB news article,
where we can show the film ships, the newly added effects, maybe some scenes from the storyline and put your write-up of your music pack too.

Sounds interesting. Count me in.
me.gif

I know the game isn't STRICTLY PotC, but I always like to think that the PotC films are sorta the staple of this particular game. But that's just my perspective.

One thing's for sure, while we indeed are NOT strictly PotC - decidedly NOT - it does help to put in PotC stuff since people ARE interested in that.
Some other time, we can make a similar article of Hornblower and Master & Commander content for the more historically inclined.

Back