• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Replaced Towns

So what should we do with them?

• Total voters
5) But this body is a randitem so he'll stay there forever...
Ah! Didn't know you added that. I like it! Very piratey. :cheeky

Spanish oops. Ok I started Devlin by just changing the start location in StartStoryline.
At least it's not a pirate flag.
But even so.... Tortuga is NEVER Spanish, is it? Not even in Early Explorers. Usually French, except for Jack Sparrow.

I don't know. Guess it's Devlins own nation for some reason. I didn't sail there, jumped there.

Hey, it just got weird on me with Santiago: as far as I understand it is actually Port Royal on Jamaica of the later epochs (checked Wiki). In fact, it is the starting location for Devlin. But the town is not actually changed, it is based on Redmond from the stock game. Am I confucing it with some other town? As far as I've seen, the changed towns include Tortuga, Havana, Saint Domingue and Oranjestad.

That's not Santiago, it's Santiago de la Vega. The other Santiago is on Cuba. :napoleon

Been to Oranjestad port. As far as I understand, that's the only thing changed to the location. IMHO, though generaly looking good, it does not seem to suit the idea of a port very well, since it looks much more a countryside than a harbour. Besides, you often feel like Gulliver in the country of giants:D.

Suppose, this location could somehow be used for the town itself, possibly with more buildings added? The port, meanwhile, could be left as the one from Nevis, just a narrow passage through the mountains...

BTW, I noticed that it is possible to draw a weapon at the governor's office in the town itself.

Jack Rackham fixed many things for the Oranjestad port but I don't know if Pieter has released this stuff in a update...

Indeed those land ships can occur in any port where the locators poi t towards the shore.
Clearly nobody considered that when making g the original game.
But of course the sailing land ships are a mod-added feature.

Coming soon to a computer near you: These same locations, but further improved!
Even the walk patch issues are pretty much a thing of the past, thanks to @danitim1 .

In the meantime, see here the pictures I just made to serve as replacement loading screens:
Town_Cartagena_Residence.jpg Town_Havana_center.jpg Town_Santiago_center.jpg Town_Santiago_port.jpg Town_SantoDomingo_center.jpg

Back