• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Replaced Towns

So what should we do with them?

• Total voters
@Jack Rackham: Do you know anything about that?

Edit: Question was posted half a second after the answer! :rofl

Then the main question is: Did I put those files correctly in the current modpack version?

So I'll ask the question again here as well:

We must have confirmed if Tortuga, Oranjestad, Havana, Santiago and Santo Domingo can be captured properly!

Not really. But you can easily use cheatmode and console to make yourself super-strong with lots of ships and do this.

well just using godmode could work already right .... cause you can't be killed.

@Pillat: Would you be able to check the citizen dialogs for Tortuga, Oranjestad, Havana, Santiago and Santo Domingo?
I am not sure if those have been updated for the replaced town models; in fact, I don't think so.
And that could confuse players on Beta 3.3 quite a bit, of course, since they can't find anything anymore. :facepalm

I know I spent quite some time tracking down the new Tortuga Tavern, for example.... :wp

@Jack Rackham confirmed that Tortuga is already good.

So we just need Oranjestad, Havana, Santiago and Santo Domingo.
Since Oranjestad was only the port, I think very little needs to be done there. Havana is also only one location.

So I'll ask the question again here as well:

We must have confirmed if Tortuga, Oranjestad, Havana, Santiago and Santo Domingo can be captured properly!
Unless it has been corrected in a later version than the November version of Beta 3.3, I can confirm that Oranjestad can not be captured properly. You start the battle on the water, apparently underneath the pier - certainly there was some sort of scenery above me. You can't walk normally. Having said that, I normally enable sidestepping for various reasons, and I was able to use lots of sidesteps to get myself onto proper land. After that I was able to run off, find some soldiers to kill, then continue with the attack to the next area.

The Oranjestad port is a bit pointless anyway. The town proper and the outskirts have not been changed, which is just as well as changing them would probably mess up the "Siege of Oranjestad" part of the "Assassin" story. So you wander around the new expanded port, ask one of the locals for directions to the shipyard and are told that there is no shipyard, there isn't even a port. :facepalm

Unless it has been corrected in a later version than the November version of Beta 3.3, I can confirm that Oranjestad can not be captured properly. You start the battle on the water, apparently underneath the pier - certainly there was some sort of scenery above me. You can't walk normally. Having said that, I normally enable sidestepping for various reasons, and I was able to use lots of sidesteps to get myself onto proper land. After that I was able to run off, find some soldiers to kill, then continue with the attack to the next area.
Indeed I confirmed and fixed that problem some time last week. Fix included in the version I posted on Saturday:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/simplified-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064/

The Oranjestad port is a bit pointless anyway. The town proper and the outskirts have not been changed, which is just as well as changing them would probably mess up the "Siege of Oranjestad" part of the "Assassin" story. So you wander around the new expanded port, ask one of the locals for directions to the shipyard and are told that there is no shipyard, there isn't even a port. :facepalm
The "port" location used to be a carbon-copy of the Nevis pirate settlement pier.
The new location indeed doesn't have much use yet, though it does have an item trader there. Eventually he is supposed to become a special Indian Item Trader, but that has not yet been done.
Does Oranjestad have a shipyard at all? If not, the dialog is still correct, even if there are a few huts on the shore now.
Alternately, perhaps @Pillat can look into this when he checks the town dialogs anyway?
Actually, @Grey Roger, might you be willing to assist with updating the town directions too? It is very easy and no coding knowledge is required.
You just need to know where everything is and since you have been playing quite a bit, you probably do know when the directions in the new towns are wrong and what they should be changed to! :cheers

See PROGRAM\DIALOGS\English . The files are stored as "[Town name] citizen_dialog.h" . You can edit the files with Notepad or any other simple text editor.
Thanks in advance! :bow

I thought that Oranjestedt still doesnt has a shipyard?^^ Anyway I hadn't much time in the last days, not even for playing.. So Grey Roger's help is much appreciated ;)

BTW: Does the locators have changed for the new towns?

Oranjestad doesn't have a shipyard. It's just the excuse about not having a port either which is not entirely true. xD

I thought that Oranjestedt still doesnt has a shipyard?
If it didn't have a shipyard before, it won't have one now either. So that has remainded the same.
Perhaps the only change needed in the Oranjestad dialog is to change "there isn't even a port" thing into something referring to the huts there.
In fact, while you're at it, perhaps you can mention the Indian Trader in that line instead? Like, "we don't have a shipyard, but we do have an Indian Trader in port"?
That feature isn't quite there yet, but it will be. :yes

BTW: Does the locators have changed for the new towns?
The models completely changed, so basically nothing has remained the same.
What do you want to do with the locators?

Back