• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Replaced Towns

So what should we do with them?

• Total voters
If it didn't have a shipyard before, it won't have one now either. So that has remainded the same.
Perhaps the only change needed in the Oranjestad dialog is to change "there isn't even a port" thing into something referring to the huts there.
In fact, while you're at it, perhaps you can mention the Indian Trader in that line instead? Like, "we don't have a shipyard, but we do have an Indian Trader in port"?
That feature isn't quite there yet, but it will be. :yes
I can change it to refer to an Indian trader when there is an Indian trader, though wouldn't that be better added to the directions to the store? Meanwhile, I've changed it to simply say "Shipyard? We've barely finished the pier!" I did consider adding in a bit about the Indians, either to the effect that the port is run by the local friendly Arawaks or to the effect that there are other, less friendly tribes around so no skilled shipwright wants to work here, and direct the player to Curacao or Bonaire. But I preferred to keep it to a short one-liner rather than have the person give a long speech. ;)

Try this. I've also done a bit of proof-reading over the rest of the file. (Which appears to be copied from St. Pierre, Martinique. There are lines referring to Fred Bob and Tomasina the blacksmith. ;))

Attachments

• Oranjestad citizen_dialog.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 133
I can change it to refer to an Indian trader when there is an Indian trader, though wouldn't that be better added to the directions to the store? Meanwhile, I've changed it to simply say "Shipyard? We've barely finished the pier!" I did consider adding in a bit about the Indians, either to the effect that the port is run by the local friendly Arawaks or to the effect that there are other, less friendly tribes around so no skilled shipwright wants to work here, and direct the player to Curacao or Bonaire. But I preferred to keep it to a short one-liner rather than have the person give a long speech. ;)
Fair enough. As long as it is clear and isn't wrong, it is fine by me!
More stuff can always be added later if we like.

Try this. I've also done a bit of proof-reading over the rest of the file. (Which appears to be copied from St. Pierre, Martinique. There are lines referring to Fred Bob and Tomasina the blacksmith. ;))
Indeed it probably was. Thanks a lot for doing that! Will include it in the next modpack update, of course.
Along with any other of the files that you might get done before I am ready to compile and upload. :wp

Yeah because this usually doesnt show up at all in the dialogs and I didn't had the time to think of a individual story for every damn person :D I did some for the governors and storekeepers, I think, but most of them just copy+pasted, because it wasn't/isn't thaat important^^

@Pieter Boelen : I wanted to know about the locators because then some of those citizen might not spawn right/at all?

Yeah because this usually doesnt show up at all in the dialogs and I didn't had the time to think of a individual story for every damn person :D I did some for the governors and storekeepers, I think, but most of them just copy+pasted, because it wasn't/isn't thaat important^^
Fair enough in my book! :cheers

@Pieter Boelen : I wanted to know about the locators because then some of those citizen might not spawn right/at all?
Ah, good thinking! That could indeed theoretically happen.
What locators did you use for them? If you used regular ones then the new locations *probably* have them too.
But indeed it would be worth checking to make sure. Perhaps you could double-check on that while @Grey Roger does some of the dialogs?

@Pillat go to the cheat section of internal settings. There is an option to show locators. You can then check if they are right.

Regular locators? :D I just switched the visible locators on and chose a few nice spots^^

Yeah Levis, thanks, but I already knew that^^ Had to do that while creating those civilians too ;)

EDIT: It seems like someone already replaced my citizens, e.g. in Tortuga some of the soldiers are using the citizen-dialog now. So I guess we only need to correct the way-descriptions here ;)

Last edited:
Regular ones would be mainly "goto" type and perhaps "citizen" ones. Most outside locations should have those.

Does anyone have any good text to use for the opening of the Jack Sparrow storyline? Current:
Code:
"It's late already. I'd better find some place to stay for the night.",
"The tavern is close by. I hope they've got some lodgings there.",
Need to add directions to the tavern called "Dark Frigate" otherwise new players will be lost.

Back