• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nigel Blythe Bug fixed UPDATE

skull

Sea Dog
Hi all you can now find Nigel in Coceicao.[Tip] after talking to NIgel in Conceicao ,capture the quest ship you have to sink,execute the captain
to get reward from Governer and make Nigel captain of the ship.It is necessary for Nigel to be captain of one of your ships.Have fun 8)

You don't even need to reinit.
But this only works if he hasn't been sent there yet.

Also, deleted the duplicate of this (FYI). 8)

Ah HAH!! Great work, Skull!

I would have fiddled around with that myself, but I've been working on something else - yessssss, something for POTC - lately. :cheeky

Keeping what I'm working on "under my hat" because I'm not sure it will work - having some difficulties with the software I'm using. WHY won't software do what the developer CLAIMS it will do??? <sigh>

I suppose that's why Open Source code is such a great boon to software development!

8)

"because I'm not sure it will work"
I may, if I may be so bold, be able to help there. If you'd like, let me know (by PM, say, if you want it private) and I may be able to tell you. 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"because I'm not sure it will work"
I may, if I may be so bold, be able to help there. If you'd like, let me know (by PM, say, if you want it private) and I may be able to tell you. :?[/quote]

Actually, Nathan, I'm doing all right so far (said the man who fell off of a 100 story building to the window washer on the 50th floor) (LOL!), but thanks! Just ran into a problem with the (mumble mumble mumble) music overlay. 8) (CENSORED!!!)

I MAY, though, need some PROFESSIONAL HELP (from a DOCTOR) for attempting this (ha, just kidding)...

Seriously, I'm having fun. It's taking some time, but I'm having fun. Is that sick??? (and why am I asking YOU?!!) :cheeky

Ahh great work Skull, Tomorrow I'm finally gonna complete that Nigle Blythe quest cause right now I'm goin to bed.

"Seriously, I'm having fun. It's taking some time, but I'm having fun. Is that sick??? (and why am I asking YOU?!!)"
:cheeky indeed. Know just what you mean. 8):

Skull in what file do we edit. I can't find the "Quest_ini" file. There is a "quest" file but the lines to edit are not in there.

PROGRAMQUESTSquests_reaction.c
find
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), "Conceicao_tavern", "sit", "sit12");

change to
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), "Conceicao_tavern", "sit", "sit7"); // skull

Also, PROGRAMDIALOGSJacinto Arcibaldo Barreto_dialog.c
find
Code:
 	 if (CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win_win") || CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win"))

{

link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[15];

link.l1.go = "garri";

}

change to
Code:
 	 if (CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win_win") || CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win"))

{

link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[15]; // Skull

link.l2.go = "garri"; // Skull

}

VERY cool... 10Q 10Q 10Q to both Skull and NK!!! 8):

As to the project I'm working on, I'm afraid the final thing I will ever see in my life are pixels on a CRT... Good thing I get hungry or have to use "the head" (ha!), because if I didn't focus on something else once in a while, I'd already be blind! :cheeky

Hee hee, but I got the sound thing worked out! Whoohooo!!! :?

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nice hint there Catalina,maybe a little Rolling Stones to POTC gameplay 8)[/quote]

<snicker> You should hear the odd mix I'm listening to right now. Prince, Queen, AC/DC, Aerosmith. The Cure, Tears For Fears, The B52's, The Pretenders, The Who, and YES, the Rolling Stones... :cheeky

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->:mrgreen: 80's I love it.  :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yeah, lots of good stuff to sing along with! 8)

I just finished the Nigel quest, took me longer cause my computer was doing stranger things than Nigel.Its a fun quest but watch your wallet dealing with him The choclate run is nothing compared to the trouble he will get you into. Thanks NK for your help:cheers: 8):

WTG, Skull! I am going to be sure to install the fix in the game I am working on now, so I can check it out. Should be fun. (thanks for the warning, LOL!)

8):

Back