• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No smuggler at Cartenga

There might indeed not be a smuggler there. Because there is no beach there for you to smuggle to. :facepalm

:D Well for now the Mainland is still empty besides Cartagena^^ Do we want to change that sometime?

I wonder if at least a jungle/shore could be added for Cartagena to allow smuggling properly.

Other than that, @Armada had to go to near-insane levels of effort to get the Cartagena coast right.
Adding more towns on the worldmap would be no problem. But getting a matching coast model would.
Only simple solution is to use an island as coast model instead of the proper mainland.

isnt cartagena theoretically just an Island, too? I remember that I once managed to actually end up behind Cartagena :D

well if someone wants to sail the coastline to see if there is a nice place which looks like a shore be my guest, adding a mooring point there shouldn't be that hard.

Considering that the coastline actually IS the entire Spanish Main, surely there will be a shore there somewhere.
Perhaps that bay on the other side of the fort?

Nope. Bad idea :D There is some strange glitch behind there :D If you sail from worldmap there, you end up seeing your ship doing -700/700 knots and sinking :D I don't know if the glitch is still there, but he was when Cartagena was introduced^^

Please check if its still there and if so make a bugreport

Ahh.. I was somewhere else nvm^^ The location behind the fort is nice seadogs2_0073.jpg

But that bug I explained is still there, only that it is somewhere else on the map.. it is on the Mainland behind Curacao.. if you find a certain spot/have bad luck, and you go from Worldmap to 3D sailing, you somehow get teleported IN the island, which results in being catapultet out of the island and smashed into the sea.. turning around yourself with a speed between (+/-) 300 knots and 700 knots :D And of course sinking^^

That looks like a good spot indeed. Does cartenga has a gate also from where we can enter a jungle too so we can make a path there too?

I dont know, but I know that some gates are free/double used (some gates are teleporting you to the same location, only to a different spot)

@Pillat could you please check which beach would fit this place best? There are a few different beaches in the game, easiest is to just reuse one of those, so could you check which one fits best?

To add a location to the worldmap go to worldmap/worldmap_init.c
look for this:
Code:
//Name
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.name = "Colombia";
 //Geometry parameters
 worldMap.islands.Columbia.isVisibleName = 0; 
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.position.x = -55.4972;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.position.y = 30.0;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.position.z = 801.376;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.position.rx = -24.6888;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.position.rz = 807.4202;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.radius = 180.0;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.kradius = 0.75;

//Island label
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.label.text = FindIslandName("Colombia");
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.label.icon = -1;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.label.visible = "true";

//City
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.name = "Cartagena";
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.real = "Cartagena"; 
 //Geometry parameters
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.position.x = -1.6267;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.position.y = 2.0859;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.position.z = 808.5257;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.position.ay = 0.0;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.modelName = "town";
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.visible = "false";
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.move = "false";
 //Label
 wdmSetIcon("Cartagena", FindTownName("Cartagena"), GetTownNation("Cartagena")); // KK
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.label.visible = "false";
 // initial ship location
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.ship.pos.x = 14.3628;
 worldMap.islands.Colombia.locations.city1.ship.pos.z = 794.5574;

Next you need to go to ISLANDS/Islands_init.c and add the location there to. If you copy the shore from the other island the locators etc should be right so you only need to change the name.

And it should also be added in Locations/init/Colombia.c , again copying things from the island you are going to take it from should take care of most, just make sure you change the name and the worldmap attribute. And the reload which goes to the jungle should be commented out for now.

Take a look at other islands and see how the shores are added there, you need to use the modelName ' leaf' I believe, besides that its just finding the coordinates and giving it a name and set it here. Do you think you can do that?

@Pieter Boelen did I forgot a place where it needs to be added?

Hm.. right from my memory I'd say the shore which is used at Martinique is good for that (I think it's called Oyster Beach).. especially the quite long distance should match quite good ;)

Could you try to add it? Would be a nice introduction into modding :p.
If you have problems just ask and we can help :).

The coordinates?
You could just sail there on the worldmap and use this command in the console to get the coordinates:

Logit("x= "+worldMap.playerShipX+" z= "+worldMap.playerShipZ);

Back