• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved No Sound effects but Music still works.

christodel18

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
Sound effects was working fine till I decided to turn down the music and effects volume. Music still work fine but the sound effects are gone.

stupid question maybe but you did turn the volume back up :p?

They are on different sliders so one should not affect the other. So when you slide the effects volume up and down it gets quieter and then just goes silent?

There are Music, Effects and Dialog volume. According to your post, you turned down Music and Effects.
But the Music remains ON while the Effects were switched off properly. Did I get that right?

I often switch off the music alone (so I can have WMP play my own stuff in the background) and I know that toggle works.
Never used any of the others.

There are Music, Effects and Dialog volume. According to your post, you turned down Music and Effects.
But the Music remains ON while the Effects were switched off properly. Did I get that right?

I often switch off the music alone (so I can have WMP play my own stuff in the background) and I know that toggle works.
Never used any of the others.

Every things turned on but effects remains silent.
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
url]

url]
url]
Untitled.png

open the options file in notepad or something like that and look at the first three lines. they are the volume toggles.
What do they say?

open the options file in notepad or something like that and look at the first three lines. they are the volume toggles.
What do they say?
volume.music=0.9900000
volume.sound=0.5500000
volume.dialog=1.0000000
gameoption.musicscheme=0

try deleting the options file and see what that does.

there should be an new options file. what does it say?

If nothing else works go ingame to options -> sounds
Make sure you are using the brown interface.
Hover your mouse under the volume you want and click. now use the arrows to move around. I don't know why this interface it bugged and I will look into this but you can adjust the volume here. At least for me that works.

there should be an new options file. what does it say?

If nothing else works go ingame to options -> sounds
Make sure you are using the brown interface.
Hover your mouse under the volume you want and click. now use the arrows to move around. I don't know why this interface it bugged and I will look into this but you can adjust the volume here. At least for me that works.
Here is the new options file
volume.music=0.5000000
volume.sound=0.9900000
volume.dialog=0.5000000
gameoption.musicscheme=0

Then I'd guess your best bet is to try it ingame.

My problem is similar, so not sure if I should just start a new thread or put this here. It's not that I don't have any sounds, it's that they randomly just..... stop. Mid-way through a battle, for example, all cannonfire and impact sounds will just drop out, leaving the sail flapping as the only noise, which gets really annoying really fast. Or I'll hear cannon fire from another ship, but not mine, etc. It's all pretty random, or at least seems that way to me, and the eeriness of waging a semi-silent pirate war really brings the mod down from an 11/10 to maybe a 9.6. Any insights? All of the above was tried, to no readily apparent effect. Thanks guys!

The sounds cutting in and out during battles is a feature of the Storm engine and I don't think there is a solution for it.

Was it like that in the Unmodded game too?
I know the sounds system has been massively rewritten.

That I couldn't tell you. I haven't played the straight game in a few years. It does seem like something the original game would have had tho. Just thought I'd ask the question :)

I have not played the stock game in years, but the sounds have been cutting out for years in the mods. I always thought it was the engine limiting the number of sounds that could be played at the same time.

Back