• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help No steam from Steam Ship?

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Greets mates, I be wondering why my steam frigate is not blowing steam out. I have 191 units of planks and on my screen on the right side it will say Engine S but that all that will show on my screen. Is there something I havent done correctly?

Pieter knows that ship best, but in POTC --->program ---> controls --->DefaultControls.h it says:
#define CTL_SHIP_POWER_UP "VK_ADD"
#define CTL_SHIP_POWER_DOWN "VK_SUBTRACT"
#define CTL_SHIP_POWER_ZERO "VK_MULTIPLY"

I would guess that those Virtual Keys are on the numpad.

Indeed you could just be not running the engine. Press Numpad + and see if you start getting any steam.
The engine is actually separate from the sails now and actually does what it should do, being an engine. ;)

I have a steamfrigate in a port. (The ship is not mine) I want it to leave at some point using the "sailaway" function.
How do I get some smoke from it then?
(I have manually fixed smoke with a smoke locator, when the ship is in port.)

You want the steamship to smoke in a PORT scene? Ah, that does make things a bit more complex.
Does it work to add {Character}.Ship.Power = 100; as an attribute? That's what triggers it in AIShip.c .

No it didn't work. I also gave the shipowner 100 planks.
It's ok anyway, the ship can stay in port producing smoke and noise.

I think the whole Ship_UpdateParameters() function is not executed ashore, so that ignores all steamship code.
You'd have to find an equivalent function executed for a ship every second ashore, but I don't think that exists.

Hi guys I know passed a lot of time but actually I'm playing the game in 2015 and I've got a problem: I haven't got a numpad because I'm playing on laptop so I changed the keys in POTC/program/controls/DefaultControls.h, giving the commands to the keys i o and p but they don't seems to work :( any help?

Hi guys I know passed a lot of time but actually I'm playing the game in 2015 and I've got a problem: I haven't got a numpad because I'm playing on laptop so I changed the keys in POTC/program/controls/DefaultControls.h, giving the commands to the keys i o and p but they don't seems to work :( any help?
After you changed the default controls, you need to "Reset Controls to Default" through the main menu for the changes to take effect. :doff

After you changed the default controls, you need to "Reset Controls to Default" through the main menu for the changes to take effect. :doff

Thank you SO MUCH! It worked, I was just wandering about a bug related to my pc or something similar! However great mod, I played POTC when I was young but I discovered this mod only few days ago and I'm living again a great experience with this game! Thank you again!

Back