• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NOAA Offers Live Video From Gulf Of Mexico!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I just happend to run across this, America's Nation Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are offering a live feed from their submersible ship Okeanas Explorer that is currently exploring in the Gulf of Mexico. They will be offering a live feed for the rest of this month. Currently they are exploring a couple of shipwrecks and the water at the moment I am writing this is extremely clear and visibility is awesome! Anyone with Internet access can follow the expedition on NOAA’s website, which will chronicle the expedition through live and archived videos, background science essays, still images, logs from the science team, curricula and educational modules.

You can read the full article on NOAA's web page HERE, and you can watch the video feed HERE!

Attachments

• noaa-logo.jpeg
    noaa-logo.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Sorry for the sparse information in the article, I didn't have much time and wanted to at least get the info about the live feed out there. Some of the highlights from yesterday, in case you missed it.

The wrecks they were exploring are from the early 1800's, and are located about 175 miles off the coast of Galveston, Texas. I think they are planning on returning to the wrecks in a few days.

They found the ships chronometer, telescope and sextant and other navigational equipment. It's likely that these three ships were sank about the same time in a storm. However, that is an area that Jean Lafitte was very active in.

I also wanted to mention the other video link, they have two more cameras available HERE!

More dive highlights for those of you that missed them

Dumbo Octopus

Shark and skate from 4-29-14

Various other deep sea life from 4-29-14

And one of the most significant scientific discoveries, never before seen Asphalt Volcanoes!

Back