• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Norrington Dauntless

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hi,

After I finish the Hoist the Colours storyline and escaped the fort and go back to the sea the Dauntless will attack me. I boarded the ship because I want it but when I reach the cabin I couldn't talk to Norrington to take the ship and I was stuck in the cabin.

I think it's a bug, can someone look into it to check what's going on?

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Do you also have an error log from when it happened?

I've find out that this one with the Dauntless only happens if you choose to steal the Interceptor. If you go to Governor Swann after talking to Henry the Dauntless isn't in that bay after the storyline

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

I boarded the ship because I want it but when I reach the cabin I couldn't talk to Norrington to take the ship and I was stuck in the cabin.
Aye, you should be able to capture that ship as it is a fine one and very famous too.
But I'm not that familiarized with that storyline so I don't know if you should not take the ship as will break or ruin some part of that storyline or what.

Could you please say what I need to do in the savegame or give a closer savegame?
I dont have much time so I want to use the time I have as efficient as possible ;).

Eeeehhhmm I'm not sure. Its been a while when I posted this but so far as I remember its a save after sinking the Interceptor right?

Just finish the last part of the storyline, mostly is talking automatic and then you are transported to sea and there the Dauntless will attack you, board it and you'll see you can't talk to Norrington.

But anyway I think the problem of this one is earlier in the game because the Dauntless isn't there when you choose to go to Governor Swann at the begin of the quest, it's only there if you choose to steal the Interceptor and after that the Dauntless always apprear next to you when you go to the Jamaica waters.

The same thing happens with Cutler Becketts ship at Barbados. If you choose to go to Turks with Konrad, Petros and Kell his ship will always apprears next to you when you enter the Barbados waters.

They only attack you if England is Hostile.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

The Dauntless is supposed to ONLY be there for the Grand Entrance scene, but her appearance later on at the conclusion of the storyline is unintentional.

The Dauntless is supposed to ONLY be there for the Grand Entrance scene, but her appearance later on at the conclusion of the storyline is unintentional.

Yep like I said before the same thing happens to Beckett's ship at Barbados after choosing to go with Konrad to Turks. After the Davy Jones scene there are two of them in the bay, I don't think thats supposed to happen is it?

Greet,

VanessaHudgensFan

TWO of the same ship? How is that even possible. She has only ONE captain! :shock

TWO of the same ship? How is that even possible. She has only ONE captain! :shock

No TWO of the same ships in the same waters, after Cutler Beckett caught you at the lighthouse and you must board his ship you´ll sail Cutler Beckett´s ship and if you have choose to go with Konrad etc to Turks before there is the Beckett ship you control and there is another one next to you from the quest from Konrad etc.

I have no idea why that ship is there in the bay but it looks like it´s something simular to the Dauntless who isn´t supposed to be in the Jamaica waters when you enter these,

If you want to see it yourself just load my save and go to the sea after Beckett talks to you ;)

Greetz.

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Two Cutler ships.zip
    680.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Back