• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Black Pearl but a Black Screen

Chris Noel

Landlubber
Hello all,
It's my first post and I'm asking for help. I installed the Build Mod and when I start a new game the screen goes black. The game is running because when I use the F button it says I equipped a rapier or what have you and I can F1 to save the game but it's completely dark. The vanilla game works fine when I applied the Intel fix but no such luck with the Mod. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Did you install the game in the Programs folder? that causes people all manner of issues because of windows security. If you did you should re-install somewhere else. I have the game in a folder on my desktop.

What sort of computer do you use - desktop or laptop? What sort of graphics card does it have, and have you installed a recent driver?

Yes, please cite your main computer specifications and attach your .log files. Namely: compile, error and system (w/c can be found in your main game folder).

Thanks for helping. here are the files you asked for. The game is not in Program files I have it on my desktop. I do have Intel graphics but I have the the Intel fix on the Mod. I'm at a loss.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 73
  • error.log
    609 bytes · Views: 90
  • system.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 82
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: storyline\standard\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 832
function must return value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: storyline\standard\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 832
function 'LocationInitQuestLocations' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Reinit.c; line: 281
invalid index -1 [size:900]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Reinit.c; line: 281
function 'Reinit' stack error
Never seen that before.
Code:
Incorrect location id for location character's ship (location Muelle_port not found)
Incorrect location id for first location (location Muelle_port not found)
Weird stuff!

Definitely an installation error of some kind. What is the size of the 7-Zip archive you are using? Perhaps it got corrupted during download.

Hello all,
It's fixed. I downloaded everything again and as far as I can tell it was a bad copy of the Installer. I look forward to playing it now!!! Thanks for your help.

Back