• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Novice Programmer- willing to help

ClysmiC

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
:ahoy, I've been a big fan of the New Horizons mod for quite some time. I remember seeing the announcements about this game when it was still just an idea being tossed around on the forum, and it's amazing to see all the progress that has been made since then. I'd love to volunteer to help a bit on this project, that is if y'all will have me on board.

:ship

I'm a computer science student at Georgia Tech, with experience in Java, C, and Python. I don't have any experience with Unity-- the closest thing I have done is some small 2D games in Game Maker Pro. I've never done any sort of modding either, but it is something I have always wanted to pick up. I'm always eager to learn new skills (and I like to think I'm pretty quick at learning).

Ahoy ClysmiC, it sounds like you have quite a good set of skills that would certainly come in handy. @Captain Murphy is our programming coordinator, he should be along shortly.

Welcome aboard! We would be glad to have your help. We are working in C# in Unity, so your C background will come in very helpful. I will PM you my Skype details and we can figure out what you would like to start helping with first.

Awesome guys :onya

I'll probably spend the next few days going over some of the Unity tutorials to get my feet wet with Unity and C#. After that I'll look around and ask around to see if there is anything I can work on.

Back