• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nvidia Drivers

I know I have a Gforce issue with 53.03 It worked fine before, now everything is white except the water. If I could post a picture, I would post it. Is there a workaround on this?

I'm having this problem as well. xD: I've tried the nvidia patch and I know for a fact i'm running the latest drivers.

Yeap tried the FX fix, from the FAQ. List of what i've tried.

- Reinstalling Direct X 9.1
- Reinstall POTC
- Reinstalled the March 13th Update of the Drivers (56.64_winxp2k_english_whql.exe)
- Installed FX patch (both before and after reinstalling)

It's installed to C;program filesetc etc etc so it shoulnd't be that and I've tried to do it to D:program files etc etc

It's reallllly starting to peeve me off (uses nice language though he's guessing most who are aussies know what he's really thinking)

-Rob

Well all i can do is say what i said to Efonzi, thats to check your textures folder, (under the resources folder i think ) should be around 1gig. Make sure thats ok aswell

yep and I checked that, as I posted elsewhere, they all installed on ther hard drive 1.05 gig to be exact.

And it works fine on the other machine on my network.. which is almost exactly the same but runs a geforce 3 instead of a geforce 4

Hi Rob,problem is probably video card,MX440 is a tweaked version of GF2 cards, for best results running POTC a GF3 or higher runs POTC best xD:

And Actually, my other system (or rather the roomies) is a geforce 2mx 400 just checked and it runs it fine.

I'm wondering if me n efonzi have anything on our systems the same lol.. but more then us have had the issue..

Nortans AV/Internet Security? who knows.

Maybe one of the older driver like 29.83 something like that would solve your problem, might be worth a try xD:

Tell me where I can find a whole stack of old nVidia's and I will give it a shot. BTW, I use Norton AV, but so does the other system that works fine (same versio of NAV too lol).

Im having Graphic problems aswell. I have the mod and everything looks fine except for the water. My friend has the exact same Graphics card i have and I gave him the mod and yet His water looks nice and reflective and mine looks milky and patterned. Can anyone help? I have a G force 4 and have the latest driver.

Back