• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nvidia Drivers

I know people hate hearing this, but I'll say it again, anyway.

::dons asbestos shorts::

The GeForce MX series of cards was designed for business use, not gaming. They just don't have the horsepower. Yes, I realize that upgrading a graphics card can be expensive, but you forget - Ol' Mad Jack is a CHEAP bloke, mate!

I've gotten some incredible deals at http://www.newegg.com. No, I don't work for them. They've been a good lot to deal with so far, and I've gotten a good value for the money every time.

Yes but My roommate has The same Graphic card as me (GEFORCE4) And yet his Water looks really nice and reflective and my water is milky and patterned. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

I had the same problem. I found out that switching on the fog table emulation in the nVidia card configuration solved the problem.

if you have a geforce 2 card use 28.xx drivers if you have a geforce 3 use 3x.xx drivers and so on you can look through the driver forums for the geforces to see which exact release works best for each card but usually it has ben found that the release made during the modle's hay day works best ie gf4 drivers 4x.xx have specal tweeks for the gf4's so the 3's and 2's dont get as good as performance and some times get bugs due to changes for the newest version. unless compelling reasons need for the latest dont wory about it. some of that may have changed as of the most recent drivers but i doubt it. also to who said the nvidia was for business get a new card. i find that amusing. if you mean the ones built in on motherboards then yes but stand alone cards no.

another one is rivatuner and other optomisers can do weard (good and bad) things for your card.

"Yes but My roommate has The same Graphic card as me (GEFORCE4)"

Is this perhaps because while you have a GF4 MX, he/she has a Ti version?
In that, even if the card says Geforce 4 on it, if it also says MX, it's really a Geforce2 in disguise. Cheap marketing tactic, but there it is.
So--if you have a GF4 MX, but want better graphics, heck, buy a Geforce _3_ on the cheap; even that has the required features that the MX series lacks.

Back