• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nvidia Quadro 4 XGL 750

It's IIRC a Geforce4 with some `on-board` features enabled. In this case, a GF4 `Ti4200-128` equivalent.
Google softquadro.
I mean, if you already have a GF4 it's not so big a thing; but if you have a `previous-gen` card, it's a good call.

Of course the _main_ advantage of having a Quadro or a card like it is the `professional-level` support you get with it, i.e. Elsa (RIP...)'s Maxtreme driver, quadroview, various other things for the CGI'er.

Though, be it noted that IIRC as of the GF4 base there are _some_ _physical_ differences in chip; back in the GF2 and 3 days they were different only in resistors that locked out features in the GPU. So a softquadro'd GF4 isn't _quite_ identical to a Q4 as, say, a GF2 vs Q2 would have been.

Says a fellow who never did the resistor mod, but was quite happy with the soft approach.

I'd be us'n de Geoforce 3 Titanium500 wid 128MB DDR an it be a big diffrence graphics an gameplay from a GF2.I've been told 'at there is not much diffrence form a GF3 Ti. 500 an GF4 Ti. cards,so I would think it would be good bet :cheeky

IIRC anandtech did a spot on Quadros a bit back...
just google "spec viewperf" (forget exactly where the spaces go) and quadro.
Prefereably XGL 750 too, to narrow it down.

And then see if there are specviewperf results for other cards; compare against, say, a Radeon, um, whatsit GL--IIRC ATI also has a prosumer card. Hmm, FireGL? But that's what Diamond's was so long ago...

Heh, or for overkill check a Wildcat. 8)

Heh. For that matter, props to anyone who _remembers_ Diamond.
/me doffs hat in remembrance.
Imagine, to be bought out _by the chip producer whose chips you used_. And they had to go and kill the SCSI line, too--FirePorts were cool, and at _way_ low prices compared to Adaptec.

Sorry, I'm rambling... 8):

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Sorry, I'm rambling... :blah::[/quote]

I think that we can forgive in this case :(

Catalina, I had a look for this graphics card and found a site that sold them for over £3000 8)
Unfortunatelt I don't think that they'll buy a second hand one from you :shock:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Sorry, I'm rambling... :blah::[/quote]

I think that we can forgive in this case :shock: [/quote]Nathan, I echo this sentiment wholeheartedly, thanks for the info! :( :shock:

I remember Diamond - and remember wishing I could afford a good one...

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Catalina, I had a look for this graphics card and found a site that sold them for over £3000  8) [/quote]I know, they WERE pretty `high-end` a couple of years ago when they first came out.
<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Unfortunatelt I don't think that they'll buy a second hand one from you :shock:[/quote]HAHA, no probably not! LOL! (too bad!)

Back