• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help O.S Problem or Compatibility Problem? Help

Mohd Syafie

Landlubber
Hello... i'm newbies here from Malaysia.
My name is Syafie.

I have just installed a new game (as above) from an unopened, sealed, new disc , original install with no mods, in Windows 10 64 bit to a folder outside programs, having heard it is adviseable to do this, but after installation is complete, when selecting 'play' (with disc in drive) from the desk top shortcut, a message appears saying 'please insert original DVD of Age of Pirates, City of Abandoned Ships'. i try to to compability versinn to Vista.. the problem still same

System:
AMD FX TM 8 Core Processor
24 Gb RAM
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Please help me......

@Thagarr, do you have any ideas?

Must be something to do with that Starforce copy protection that was included in AoP.

I've never done much with that game, so I don't really know.

As Pieter pointed out, Age of Pirates uses STARFORCE copy protection. By default, Windows 10 disables all old copy protection schemes and wont allow them to run. I haven't tested it myself, but a No CD crack should take care of it. Or you can try using the latest version of the Super Mod, which is available from the ModDD here : Age of Pirates: Historical Immersion Supermod

Sorry, missed the CoAS part, but you did post in the Age of Pirates forum, so I just assumed. You will need the latest TAGES drivers for CoAS. You can get them here : TAGES, the AAA Copy Protection System

hmmm.... a message appears saying 'please insert original DVD of Age of Pirates, City of Abandoned Ships' againnnn

Back