• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Officer won't sail

Eskhol

Sailor Apprentice
This didn't happen before but now, for some reason it started happening.

I have only one ship besides mine, it's in slot 3 (the one under my ship, I don't know if that matters or not).
He won't do anything. Telling him to sail away or defend someone does nothing, he just doesn't move (his sails are completely folded).
He only moves if I tell him to attack an enemy ship.
If I change officers the same thing happens but all of this didn't happen before.

I think it started just after selling the ship I had in slot 2 (the one on the upper right).

Please post a savegame affected by this issue.
I cannot think of any simple solutions right now off the top of my head....

So the only companion you've got there is the offending character?
Thanks for the details! I'm sure somebody will look at it soon. Ish. :doff

Yes, before that I had 2 companions in ships and they were ok. And even before that I had only one in the second slot and he always did his job, not like this lazy bastard! :mad:

Thank you :)

I've been doing some tests and something weird happens.
If I only have that guy in the second slot, he won't do anything even if I sail away. It looks like he's trying to do something but at the end he won't (he tries to raise sails but then stops, he does that 4 or 5 times and then stops completely).
Now, if I have 3 companions (all the slots) they work kind of ok. They will follow me and attack others but if I tell them to sail away then the weirdness comes. They will start sailing and blocking each other while doing circles for ever.
I don't remember if that happened before but I don't think so.

I think this is due to some sloppy coding but I have to dive into it and at the moment I dont have time to figure out how that system works.

@Eskhol: I loaded your savegame, but I have been unable to notice anything wrong so far:
- Went to 3D Sailing Mode and sailed towards the horizon, companion followed properly
- Told companion to "heave to drift", it stopped moving
- Told companion to "defend me", started following me again

Only "sail away" also seemed to result in "heave to drift", which is a bit odd.
But that could be because there were no enemies around to run from.

He does respond to some orders though, so I have to call this "Cannot Confirm". :confused:

Back