• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Officers and crew behavior while boarding

@Pieter Boelen , that isn't clever enemies at all!

The enemy sheathes his weapon, so the silly autotargeting of the game makes your player ignore him rather than finish him off, and let him retreat to the backrow, where he can then reload and hurt you.

That is stupid player mechanics, not clever enemies. ;)

(And I think the AI should not be acting in such a way as to take advantage of the player mechanics being dumb. That is the equivlant of a player exploit, but on the AI side, an AI exploit. Exploits are bad regardless).

Levis, I think basically make them almost never sheeth their weapons if they are close to the player, only if very far away, and then we have a good system. It is unrealistic for them to sheeth their sword when they are 2 feet away from the player getting hacked to pieces and still live.

And, I LOVE the new AI. It is great! :)

The enemy sheathes his weapon, so the silly autotargeting of the game makes your player ignore him rather than finish him off, and let him retreat to the backrow, where he can then reload and hurt you.

(And I think the AI should not be acting in such a way as to take advantage of the player mechanics being dumb. That is the equivlant of a player exploit, but on the AI side, an AI exploit. Exploits are bad regardless).
:wp

Levis, I think basically make them almost never sheeth their weapons if they are close to the player, only if very far away, and then we have a good system. It is unrealistic for them to sheeth their sword when they are 2 feet away from the player getting hacked to pieces and still live.

And, I LOVE the new AI. It is great! :)
I will see what I can do altough this might take a while. I don't know for sure if I can get away with not sheeting the weapon when escaping, this is because it might be very hard for the enemy to move away (especially if there are more enemies) if his weapon is draw due to the weird collission detection.

Back