• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leveling: Officers change their posts without player input

Baddy

Landlubber
I don't know if there is a relation, but why the officers (at least those choosen via the innkeeper) cyclically change -occasionally- their tasks?
I have a gunner that became boatswain, then quartermaster and so on.
Are they completely junked, too many ayahuasca?
Bye.

I have 2 officers - Fred Bob & a random officer hired in the Port Royale Tavern.

I go to my ship and equip the 2nd officer with a new sword from the weapons locker and both he and Fred Bob ( who when I hired him I changed him to a Gunner ) - have changed their posts - without me doing anything. :unsure

- Looks like insubordination to me - but I am not going to get in an fight over it with Fred Bob :no :rofl.

Attached are 2 saves - one in store after hiring 2nd officer in tavern - one on jetty after giving equipment to Mayew and the officers changing their posts.

Mayew - changes from First Mate to Master at Arms

Fred Bob changes from Gunner to Boatswain.

:walkplank

Attachments

• standard.7z
    550 KB · Views: 176
Did you manage to catch exactly when that happened?

I don't know if there is a relation, but why the officers (at least those choosen via the innkeeper) cyclically change -occasionally- their tasks?
I have a gunner that became boatswain, then quartermaster and so on.
Are they completely junked, too many ayahuasca?
Bye.
I moved that post there since it seems you guys posted nearly at the same time about what sounds to be the same problem.

It happened sometime between the 2 Saves - all I did was walk from the store to my ship in the Port - them check the chests on the ship & give Mayew a new sword from the Weapons Locker . And they had changed positions. Went to jetty to do second Save..

BTW - Now in my game Fred Bob has decided to become a Carpenter ( don't know when he did this )xD . Mahew at the moment is Captain of a ship an seems happy in this post.

:cheers

I've marked this as confirmed now. How big of an issue is it? Can this wait until @Levis is back?

Extract attached to your PROGRAM folder for testing purposes.
This has the Levelling logs enabled and has been adapted to log based on character NAME rather than ID to make this more understandable.
Once you have caught this happening, check your compile.log for all entries for that character.
Hopefully that would give us a bit more information to work with.

I'll include this version of the file in the next update as well.

Attachments

• Leveling.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
:ahoy

Attached are system & compile logs generated using the Saves attached to Post#2 above ( the save in the store - I then walked to my ship & Fred Bob and Mayew changed jobs during the walk)
I was playing using the new Leveling.c file from post#12

I can't see any entries to explain The change of jobs!:shrug

No error log generated.

Attachments

• compile.log
    183.8 KB · Views: 165
  • system.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I can't see any entries to explain The change of jobs!:shrug
Not even the slightest mention of Fred Bob at all.

If only @Levis was around; he might be able to fix it in five minutes.
I don't particularly want to have to do any deep digging for this if I don't have to. :facepalm

This is a bad, bad, bad problem and really should be fixed as soon as possible. I hope @Levis manages to figure it out soon.

Could it be you are running an older version of the game or maybe you haven't installed the latest 3.5 patch before you installed beta4?
I can't seem to replicate this problem ...

Back