• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Officers for towns

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Hi there!

Are there any skill needed/used for town officers? Like the officer for the fort should be a gunner and the Governor should be more of a leader/commerce officer?

Thanks!

Gunnery skills probably help for the fort Commander.
Other than that, it really doesn't matter.

Town Capture is a mod-added feature that was sort of functional, but not quite.
I fixed it to the point that it is now fully operational, but town management is still severely undeveloped.

Ok... but I do get taxes (as with my estates I guess); are there any downsides to setting this to "High"? Would the town revolt or something?
And will the nation try to capture back the town?

High taxes affects the town Morale and that affects the Morale of the crew you can hire there.
Other than that, there are no downsides.

Revolts aren't programed in. Maybe one day....
Same goes for towns being captured back. At the moment, that never happens.

Last time I tried, admittedly several versions ago, setting taxes had no effect whatsoever because the game didn't remember it and set it straight back to normal. That is, I'd change the tax setting, it seemed to stick, but if I left the "Colonies" screen and then returned to it, the tax rate was back to normal. (I'd gone the other way, trying to be a nice guy ruler by reducing the taxes, on the grounds that my nation didn't need to take much money from its own people because I was taking plenty of money from other nations. :rpirate)

Last time I tried, admittedly several versions ago, setting taxes had no effect whatsoever because the game didn't remember it and set it straight back to normal. That is, I'd change the tax setting, it seemed to stick, but if I left the "Colonies" screen and then returned to it, the tax rate was back to normal.
If you get the chance at some point, please see if that is still the case. I thought at least setting the taxes worked.
If indeed it doesn't, please make a Bug Tracker entry for it. Might as well be listed so it can get fixed some time.

In that case, please post it on the Bug Tracker.

It could be that the tax level does get set, but not read again when you open that interface the second time.
If so, it might be relatively easy to correct.

Back