• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Officers gone...

Did you start the game while already on Arcade?
You could try to press F11 to reinitialize.
The item descriptions should mention the skill modifiers then.

Thanks for the tip but I already can see the description of items such as the ones, that give boni for skills. Only I cannot see, what causes penalties. After reinitialising by using F11 it remains the same. I cannot see, what causes penalties. But like I said, it´s not a real problem, - the difference between 10 or 9 melee isn´t that big, and I am playing in Mariner mode.
And I am still looking for better armor for my officers, so I hope, that giving them the best armor should help a lot if it comes to a fight.

Thanks for the tip but I already can see the description of items such as the ones, that give boni for skills. Only I cannot see, what causes penalties.
Odd; I seem to recall it saying "-1 Fencing" or something to that effect.

And I am still looking for better armor for my officers, so I hope, that giving them the best armor should help a lot if it comes to a fight.
If they're indeed wearing Cheap Armour now, better armour will definitely help. :yes

And a last question, you may laugh about but... Wich way is the best to not pay so much wages? My officer´s salary is making them rich (if I don´t count Eddie)? ;)
Switch to paying by division of plunder, then you don't pay wages at all. :aar

However, every so often (after about 90 days and definitely not longer than 180 days) you need to divide your money, which you will do at any loanshark. If you fail to do so, crew morale will drop like a stone and you'll probably have a mutiny.

If you accumulate more than about 1,000,000 gold and don't have a Merchant Licence, the crew are going to demand that you switch to paying them by division of plunder anyway. They're not going to fight and die for you without getting their share of the loot!

Back