• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Officers using personal wealth

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Wouldn't it be cool when you enter a shop the officer could also spend some of his personal wealth on bandages etc. This would make his personal wealth have more use. There must be other places to use this also, say for example the tavern where he or she buys some beer (and wants to stay there a bit longer and catches up after a while :p).

How would you want to handle them buying stuff for their own? Something completely behind-the-scenes?

This could work very well with an "officer personality" functionality.
Possibly also loyalty could be affected by how well they can actually save up.

Could get complicated real quick and I'm not sure to what extent this would or wouldn't add to the game experience.
But it is indeed true that right now they just accumulate wealth and never lose it again.
Of course the player can't get to that money one way or another, so at the moment it means very little indeed.
It is always nice if everything in the game can be given a purpose of sorts. :onya

We could also incorperate that when you are on land you could send officers "on leave" for a while where they will spend the personal wealth. once the time is passed they will return. It could be possible they gained xp in some cases. It could also be they had some negative effects (say less HP bonus for example). You could ask them what happened and you'll get some nice stories like:

"I was drinking my ale at the tavern when some bloke asked me if I was an officer on your ship. I told him this was true and he asked me if I could do a good word for him because he wanted to be your officer. He asked me to let him show how good he was so I followed him outside. There I was greeted by some of his friends and they attacked me. Luckly I was able to fend them off without getting the guards involved."
This for example has his melee skill being increased a bit

If they can buy better weapons or even armours, this could be interesting.

Another point: Desertion exists for the officers in the current buildmod?

If they can buy better weapons or even armours, this could be interesting.

Another point: Desertion exists for the officers in the current buildmod?
There is a very very very small chance of an questofficer leaving you. This won't happen that soon. but there is a system in place. We hope to expand on this in a later build once we defined more how it should work.

We could also incorperate that when you are on land you could send officers "on leave" for a while where they will spend the personal wealth. once the time is passed they will return...
... at which point I go to exchange equipment with them, see if they brought back anything interesting, and take it. :rpirate

PIRATE! :whipa

How about:
- Paying for ALL item transactions will be done from personal wealth (affects mainly the player).
- Crew already equips themselves. Officers can have an automated system for spending their own personal wealth on getting new stuff.
- Items get a weight so that you can't carry so much.
- Filling the weaponslocker can be done in batch by taking to the Quartermaster/Bosun or so.
- Disallow taking equipped items from officers again (almost back to stock game behaviour), as that is their own personal stuff and they'll only give it up if you give them something better instead.

In other words: The player would only need to micro-manage their own items and not need to deal with the officers and crew so much anymore.
However, they could still handle their officers, but wouldn't really need to anymore.

I've got no clue if these are actually good ideas and they would certainly NOT be for the immediate future.
But if we're throwing ideas out there, we could at least thing about it. ;)

Sound interesting to me :).

Back