• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Ok so I need some clarifacation

Voodoo8476

Landlubber
First let me say thanks for an incredible piece of modding work!
I have recently brought out he POTC and installed mod. I am loving it and the CTDs, corrupted saves ect are much less of a problem than they were in original game.
but here are my questions.
1. where can I monitor my reputation? I see text indicating it goes up or down but no where do I find a current Reputation indicator.
2. Officer Assignments....... Plenty of questions here. So lets start with... what stats do officers contribute by assignment? example does the gunner contribute only his gunnery skills? or if he also has ship repair skills/abilities will those also contribute?
3. when officers are assigned specific roles do they increase those skills faster?
4. Do officers contribute their abilities when assigned to appropriate jobs? i.e will gunner with fast reload ability contribute that to my ship or must I have it also?

Regards
Paul

:ahoy

Welcome to the Forum

To answer some of your questions:-

1. - Your personal reputation is shown above your picture on the F2 - Character screen - Bloke - Matey- Dashing - Hero - Swindler etc - as you do good or bad acts you should get a log message on the left of the screen showing how many reputation points you have gained/lost. - It takes 10 points to move from one level to the next.
Your reputation with the various nations is shown on the F2 - Relations screen - how Nations react to you and your ship also depends on the flag you are flying. :yes

2:- If you look on the F2 - Passengers screen - click on your picture you will get a summary of the current total crew stats. If you click on an officer picture you will see the stats that officer is contributing. If the officer's stats are higher than the players in a skill and he occupies a position that uses that skill then the officers stats should appear in the summary and be used. ( eg a gunner has higher accuracy then thre player - the gunner's stats should appear in the summary for accuracy and be used )

Officers can be moved between posts on the F2 - Passengers screen to get the best out of their stats.

3:- The only skills that increase faster than normal are those with a green tick next to them - I don't think assigning to a role affects this.

All officers skills increase as appropriate - even those that are not accompanying you ( those not in the 3 boxes on the F2 - Passenger screen. )

4:- The officer should contribute this I think without the player having to have it - but I am not certain - so I could be wrong.

:read

:ahoy

All of your questions can be answered by hitting F2 in game. The first thing you will see is your picture and name. Directly under your name is your reputation.
Your officers contribute their skills to your total. In the F2 screen hit "passengers" and then click on your picture. That will bring up the total skills of you and your officers. To see what each officer is contributing to the total, hit his picture.
The skills that increase the fastest are the ones with the check mark next to them and the skills that get used the most. If you never do any repairs your repair skill will stay low while other skills increase quicker. The only exception is your melee skill, which flattens out and soon will no longer increase no matter how much fighting you do. That is a glitch that has not been repaired yet.

Hi Talisman! Ninja'd again.....

In PROGRAM\officer.c you can see for each officer types which skills and abilities they contribute.
A skill with value "2" contributes fully, while value "1" contributes half.

OK thanks all. I actually understood the reputation ranking, I just thought there might be a status bar similar to the experience that would indicate where I was. But the 10 points tip will help me estimate.
The Officer.c file gave me exactly what I was looking for Pieter, Thank you!
Even cooler was that it works just like I was hoping.
So as It looks when I use F2 and move over officers some skills are "whiter and brighter" and those I assume are skills higher than mine and are adding to my overall skill. It will be easy enough for me to confirm this but don't have game open at moment.
Also I have plenty of questions regarding all the different ship types and their stats, but I will prefer to learn them in game.
Its been along time since I have played and I am so looking forward to seeing whats new.
I must admit that I do hit the speed increase in direct sail :oops: but do oh so love it!
Thanks again to everyone here.
Kindest Regards,
Paul

Skill colours indicating whether they contribute or not? I don't remember any such feature; pretty sure that is not the case...

On ship types, you could have a look at the "Documentation\New Horizons Ship Recognition Guide.pdf" for some good, though slightly outdated information.
If you want something similar to officers.c, all ship types are defined in Ships\ships_init.c .

Thanks again for your fast responses!
I now have a few more officer questions.
1. Does providing officers with items like sextant and other skill modifiers affect them?
2. When a officer is assigned a ship does all there skills/abilities apply for them or do I need assign gunner, surgeon ect.?
3. Does stocking the ships chest or weapons locker with medicines help the surgeon? or does maybe the medecatiions cargo help?
:onya found this one on forum already

1. Should do, yes. Use their F2>Character screen to check.
2. I'm not sure about other ships' secondary officers. The person writing the new officer skill code never did finish and I recall that was one of the things he had still needed to look into.
3. Nope.

1. Yes! If you have an officer with good skills and abilities except for sailing, giving him the sextant and good compass will improve his sailing. But, you must equip them yourself from the "character" menu.

2. The abilities of the other officers do not help a new Captain on another ship unless that other officer is assigned to that ship. If the Captain is a good sailor but a poor gunner assigning a gunner to that ship helps with gunnery on that ship.

Hi Pieter! Ninja'd again. It sounds like I will have to verify no. 2. It has actually been a while since I did that.

oh ! interesting heavily ! i never thought about giving more than one officer to another ship !

Back