• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ok, this has me a little worried

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Just out of curiosity, I checked out Akella's Russian page because I hadn't looked at it for a while. This is a babblefish translation of what I found :

01.04.04 -  new project from "akelly", "Russobit- M" and GSC GameWorld!

Company "akella" officially declares about the conclusion of agreement with the companies "Russobit- M" and GSC GameWorld to the release of joint project "Chernobyl' K.O.R.S.A.R.Y.". Game already more than year is developed in the atmosphere of the strictest secrecy and is miks of two most popular domestic taytlov. Subject must pleasantly strike all worshippers RPG, shuterov from the first person and the sea simulators. Action is turned in the exclusion area, where through the breaking in the `space-time` continuum arrives known voitel'nitsa Beatrice Sharp, to which it is necessary to explain the secret of Chernobyl' anomaly. Reliz is planned to the beginning of April of 2005. Additional information, and also skrinshoty from the game "Chernobyl' K.O.R.S.A.R.Y." you can find from address http://www.akella.com/`pub-chernobylse...s`-ru.shtml.

Maybe one of you pirates that actually speaks Russian could do a better translation. Chernobyl meets Sea Dogs??? :cheers

Oh, HE77 no!!!

Wave off, wave off!!! Bolter, Bolter!!!

Tell them NOT to do no `space-time` travel, it didn't come off all that well in STAR TREK and it won't come off in a Pirate game!

Chernobyl indeed! Might that have been simply because of poor design and shoddy work practices? They don't have to warp a `space-time` continuum to explain THAT!!!

How about this for a plot line: Nicholas Sharp's kids, Beatrice and Berny, decided that it was just too boring to live off daddy's fortune, so they decided to buy their own ships and go have some fun piratin'! Or hunting pirates! Or just sailing around the Caribbean... Oh, who cares, they'll decide what they'll do WHEN THEY GET TO THE CARIBE!!!

Jeez, this is the ONE THING they could have done to come off more cartoony than Sid Mieir's Pirates! :cheers

april 1st anyone :p:

chernodog3.jpg

Has potential though :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Harr!  :cheers[/quote]

What he said! :p: :p:

Dem Russki's always be a comin' up wid de funniest game idears! :p:

`Wind-driven` locomotives! :cheers

hey keith...an early post of yours up there was a picture...what was that a picture of, like what game? i know theres a boat, but without the boat, what is that game? it looks splendid!!!

Who magellan , :b: maybe the one who came here in the philippnines that the filipino natives killed! :cry haha :?

ahh i cant rmember what the game is called. There is a review of it in one of the gaming mags i have at home ill chaeck it out when i get back. Its not out yet though i know that and its being developed in some eastern block country

the game is called stalker ( thanks to Alexander for that one )

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dem Russki's always be a comin' up wid de funniest game idears!   :cry  

`Wind-driven` locomotives!  :?[/quote]

Well, it *DOES* save on coal :b:

I'm really hoping that was just an April fools joke ...Silly Ruskies, Trix are for kids! :?

<!--`QuoteBegin-Bosun`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bosun)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dem Russki's always be a comin' up wid de funniest game idears!   :b:  

`Wind-driven` locomotives!  :?[/quote]

Well, it *DOES* save on coal :?[/quote]

Hmmm... That would almost justify limiting the crew's rations to beans and bread. :cry :|

Back