• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm One of the cayman island castaway starts incorrectly puts the player boat on a beech in barbados

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
I have seen it work correctly before, putting it at a beech in caymans, but this time the map shows the boat is all the way across the carribean in barbados.

I thought he fixed one for hispaniola, would it have been the same bug/fix? I haven't installed his fix though, so maybe it is fine now. :)

Cool, we can close this thread then, I won't report any more raft oddness until applying the fix. :)

Pieter,

Later I realized I was misunderstanding-- there is instead a bug where (very occasionally, it is quite rare) the map (if you hit m after starting) will show the new castaway player's ship is on barbados, but in reality it is somewhere on the island where he starts at. I think that is what was happening when I hit this bug. Very strange, and I made a note to try to figure out the conditions that cause it, but I haven't yet (probably because it is so rare).

So it is actually correct, but displays wrong?
Maybe we can use another function; I recall SetFleetNearShore might work better than SetCharacterShipLocation.

Pieter,

It displays wrong once in about 20 castaway starts, correctly 95% of the time. And it becomes correct immediately on boarding the ship (it might even become correct sooner, I don't know). I have only seen it once that I know for certain, one other time I suspect it. And I haven't reported it because i didn't really explore it at the time, so I can't say for certain it doesn't correct quickly.

And I have never seen it malfunction in normal play, just on that one (possibly two) castaway start.

This was when I was quickly restating again and again and getting myself killed to test things like looking for the "wait until sir Richard dutton leaves" error (which I didn't manage to run down, beyond Cozumel producing the same error, as posted in that thread).

I have it on my list to pay attention for during future tests--I would say best leave it alone for now, and if I can reproduce I will figure out better what is going wrong and open a bug tracker for it.

I wasn't worried about it, rather I just feel bad if I provide incomplete bug reports without first testing to make sure I've provided all the information I can. But I can always test the new function. :)

Back