• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Open Seamod not scaling harbor locations

jsv

Freebooter
Storm Modder
A couple of bugs related to Saint Domingue.

First, map markers for Hispaniola ports seem to be a bit off:

Hispaniola.jpg

(And it's even worse for Cuba, but I don't have a screenshot at hand.)

Second, for some reason I can't buy food in Saint Domingue store. I just can't increase the amount here:

store.jpg

I have no problems buying, say, rum there. And if I press "Auto Trade", it does buy food for me, but then it sells all the silver I'm supposed to be delivering to Cartagena. :wp Neither reloading from an earlier save nor reentering the port changes anything and later I was able to purchase food in Port au Prince without problems. So it looks like a location-specific bug to me.

The map was recently completely redone and yes the larger islands do still have that mismatch.

No colony will sell you something if they do not have enough for themselves. Saint Domingue or Santo Domingo will never sell you food on your first visit there, but will sell limited amounts later on. This sometimes happens at other colonies after a hurricane or pirate raid.

It looks like you need to go back to whatever store you last visited and buy more food.

No colony will sell you something if they do not have enough for themselves. Saint Domingue or Santo Domingo will never sell you food on your first visit there, but will sell limited amounts later on. This sometimes happens at other colonies after a hurricane or pirate raid.
So THAT's what it is! Now you mention it, I remember there indeed IS code in place for that. Completely forgot about that. :shock

First, map markers for Hispaniola ports seem to be a bit off:

Hispaniola.jpg

(And it's even worse for Cuba, but I don't have a screenshot at hand.)
I just noticed that island is much smaller than normal. You're using the Open Sea Mod, aren't you?
The worldmap coordinates used for the map interface don't actually change between that mod being on and off.
So if the mod is on, the islands get smaller but the towns stay in the same spot. That is what you're seeing here.

No colony will sell you something if they do not have enough for themselves.
Ah, works as intended, then. In that case, there is a bug in auto trade allowing me to buy that food they "will never sell" me :)

I just noticed that island is much smaller than normal. You're using the Open Sea Mod, aren't you?
I had to do a little search to find what the Open Sea Mod is, but yes, I am. It's a standard game started in Iron Man mode.

Thanks everyone for the explainations.

Renamed and moved the thread.
We might be able to fix the open seamod problem later.

Back