• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

opening files with .b extension

Just did a quick google search a came up with this
Obviously not the first option xD:, but the second one seems more legit. Is it for that interface?

I'm not too sure, we will have to wait until IRF comes back online, but if I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with getting some features that are in DMC into GOF. Don't hold me on that thou. :shrug
According to the link I posted, .b files are a "Programming file containing source code written in the BASIC programming language; may contains BASIC program or may include functions referenced by other BASIC project files."

Have you tried opening them with Notepad and see what they look like?

I'm not too sure, we will have to wait until IRF comes back online, but if I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with getting some features that are in DMC into GOF. Don't hold me on that thou. :shrug
According to the link I posted, .b files are a "Programming file containing source code written in the BASIC programming language; may contains BASIC program or may include functions referenced by other BASIC project files."

Those are PROGRAM folder files, but coded somehow. I'm not familiar with BASIC at all so I can't tell. If extension *.b is something similar to *.c or *.h, shouldn't we be able to read it in any hex editor?

Have you tried opening them with Notepad and see what they look like?

Well, it looks like this -> seadogs_b.jpg

Try Notepad++ mate, it actually recognizes programing structure. However, it appears to me like they have made a bit of an effort to try and conceal their code, but that code still has to be recognized by the engine it's self. Unless of course they have changed the source code as well. :shrug

Those files don't matter anymore as I found a better way to view the code which is in readable format. However I can't make any changes to it or copy- paste the code to some text format. The code must be copied by manual input. That will take loooong
type_1.gif

Well, that's a start anyways. Hand copying everything would sure be a real pain... That is something I have actually done before with machine code, a bit tedious to be sure. :modding

If there is anything I can do to help mate, just let me know.

Back