• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Opening .gm files with GM Viewer

MrMundy

Powder Monkey
Started with the tutorial and ran immidiatley into a problem which I couldnt figure out.
As opposed as how its shown in the PDF Tutorial (https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...230526&parId=F6B0C45B54136716!137&app=WordPdf), none .gm files are being shown to me, nor can I acces anything.
I guess this screenshot explains it the best:

GuotM.png

Edit: Dont know whats up with the screenshot, guess its due to the second screen.

Edit 2: Got it "fixed". I cant acces the files through the game installation, but if I create another folder and post the files I need in there via past and copy. Its still quite annoying, but it works.
I realy need to be more patient, just ignore my posts.

Last edited:
Try installing the game outside of Program Files (such as C:\Games in the example). This is generally advised for any kind of modding with this game. ;)

Problem 1: As @Pieter Boelen says, installing the game into the default directory ("Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean") is not a good idea. The tutorial shows it to be in "Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

Problem 2: You appear to have set "GM Viewer" to look in your "Pirates of the Caribbean\SAVE" folder. That's not where model and texture files are to be found, unless the install is seriously messed up. Look in "Pirates of the Caribbean\RESOURCE\MODELS" and its subfolders for the models, and look in "Pirates of the Caribbean\RESOURCE\Textures" and its subfolders for the textures.

I set it to /save because of that being the only folder thats accesible when I try to acces anything in the POTC folder.
Thanks anyways.

I set it to /save because of that being the only folder thats accesible when I try to acces anything in the POTC folder.
Wait, whaaaat? ALL folders should be perfectly accessible.
If they're not, then Windows Security Stupidity (WSS) is probably messing you up big time! :shock

Back